We decided to take the train from Williams, AZ to the Grand Canyon. We decide to go all out on the train and paid a little extra from the Dome Premium seats. What a view from the refurbish car and the downstairs lounge was fabulous with plushy couches and chairs. The Railway hotel was clean and comfortable and included 2 breakfasts and dinners since we stays town nights there. We stay in the Maswik Lodge one night in the Canyon which allowed us a full afternoon AND the whole following morning + to explore the Canyon vistas and other attractions. All in all I would highly recommend this Train/Hotel package.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the luxury of a bygone era at Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. Designed to resemble the century-old train depot that housed the original Fray Marcos Hotel, our hotel is a relaxing retreat in a picturesque Western setting. The 298-room hotel is just a block away from downtown Williams and historic Route 66. Combined with a variety of amenities such as complimentary wi-fi, an indoor pool and hot tub, delicious dining options at Grand Depot Cafe and Spenser's Pub, The Grand Canyon Railway Hotel is the perfect place to stay before embarking on your grandest of journeys! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Canyon Railway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Railway Williams
- Fray Marcos Hotel
- Hotel Grand Canyon Railway