My family had a package deal. I have AAA so I got a discount on the package. Which included two dinners and two breakfasts. We arrived on Saturday about 3:00 pm and were allowed to check in early. Meals at Depot Cafe were very good and so was the service. Our package included two nights at Train Depot Hotel, train ride to Grand Canyon and a bus tour and a one night stay at the canyon and train ride back Trip would have been great but wind blew 50-60 mph the whole time we were at the canyon. Our son is 13 and he enjoyed the train and the canyon. We had first class seats in the dome car. Train employees and hotel employees were great. Hotel is within walking distance to downtown. Cowboy shoot out was good for little kids. Would recommend the trip to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the luxury of a bygone era at Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. Designed to resemble the century-old train depot that housed the original Fray Marcos Hotel, our hotel is a relaxing retreat in a picturesque Western setting. The 298-room hotel is just a block away from downtown Williams and historic Route 66. Combined with a variety of amenities such as complimentary wi-fi, an indoor pool and hot tub, delicious dining options at Grand Depot Cafe and Spenser's Pub, The Grand Canyon Railway Hotel is the perfect place to stay before embarking on your grandest of journeys! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Canyon Railway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Railway Williams
- Fray Marcos Hotel
- Hotel Grand Canyon Railway