Checked in for a night after a last minute trip to Bearizona. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance of the Williams Route 66 strip. The deluxe room we stayed in was recently renovated and appealing although at a $189 price tag with tax and a 10% military discount (thank you) may be a bit pricey.
My only real complaint was the front desk service. The lady acted like I was an inconvenience to her, complained about her system not working with some foul language and went off on a rant about how guest never show up with their license plate number at check in. Appearently it's a law to have this on file at the front desk although I've never heard of it. I think she may have been working at altitude for too long or needs another line of work outside of customer service.
I'll try to post photos. Working off the phone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the luxury of a bygone era at Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. Designed to resemble the century-old train depot that housed the original Fray Marcos Hotel, our hotel is a relaxing retreat in a picturesque Western setting. The 298-room hotel is just a block away from downtown Williams and historic Route 66. Combined with a variety of amenities such as complimentary wi-fi, an indoor pool and hot tub, delicious dining options at Grand Depot Cafe and Spenser's Pub, The Grand Canyon Railway Hotel is the perfect place to stay before embarking on your grandest of journeys! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Canyon Railway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Railway Williams
- Fray Marcos Hotel
- Hotel Grand Canyon Railway