“Great family vacation”

Grand Canyon Railway Hotel
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Williams
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Booked this place online site unseen. Well, it was more than expected. Totally impressed with the little town of Williams AZ...didn't expect how much fun, and variety of restaurants there were. The hotel was very nice. stayed on the front and back end of our visit to the Canyon. Bought the meal package and it was worth it (wife and 3 kids). Very nice variety and great service. Would recommend this place for families and anyone nostalgic for Rt 66. All in all, my family had a very nice time at this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jmrwest

Reviewed 10 August 2014

When I booked a trip on the Grand Canyon Railway for me and my son, I bought the package including the hotel to save time and money. I figured that the hotel would be a tired, well-worn place that treated trapped travelers to bad service and stinky rooms. Boy was I wrong. The rooms were BEAUTIFUL, quiet and clean(I was in a mid-level room); the pool was clean and fun; the food included in the package was excellent; and the service was top notch! It was the best, most pleasant travel surprise I have had in years! And it was much more affordable than other options in town.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I purchased this package online best thing I did for sure, we bought the accommodation and meals with the first class train to the Grand Canyon and South Rim bus tour as well, this hotel has good rooms new comfortable beds and good service overall from the staff. The hotel is a resort with indoor pool and restaurants and bar, it has a large buffet restaurant with really good food for breakfast lunch and tea on the grounds as well, right on the Williams rail line where you can watch the Grand Canyon train leave each morning at around 9am and everybody goes out to wave of the train at the station just after the wild west shoot out very cool, there is a great gift and souvenir shop at the station for everything you could possibly need. Williams township is a lovely town and is on the famous route 66 so we enjoyed that as well bought lots of souvenirs from route 66 and have many really awesome photos from the area, we were here for three nights and really enjoyed ourselves highly recommend this package fantastic value.

Room Tip: we had a room overlooking the courtyard it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank endlessumers
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My husband and I booked a package deal that included two separate nights at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. We were very pleasantly surprised! The rooms were very clean, the beds were some of the most comfortable we've slept in, and we received excellent customer service from the employees. When we took the train to the canyon, our bags were transferred from our room to the hotel in the canyon...and back when we returned, easy- peasy! We had a musical instrument with us that we didn't want transported or stored in our car and the front desk employee took it personally to storage for us so it wouldn't get damaged. Our package included buffet meals in their dining room and we were pleased both with the variety and quality of the food. They handle a high volume of visitors very well. Any waits we had were minimal - certainly no more than we've had in other, less trafficked locations. If you're expecting the Ritz Carlton, this may not be the place for you, but if you want great value with above-average accommodations and meals look no farther.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carol T
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I'm not sure exactly what I expected, but this hotel exceeded my expectations. The room was recently upgraded with memory foam pillows and flat screen TV. The staff was friendly and the lobby was great. Would definitely return. The Grand Canyon railroad was also great.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ntclarkson
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed here in lieu of staying at a lodge in the Grand Canyon. This hotel was fabulous for my family of 5. The rooms were extremely clean and the beds were the most comfortable hotel beds I've been in in a long time. We have 2 active boys who loved the hotel pool, playground, horse shoe pit, and basketball court. The only thing that would make it better would be if breakfast were included as it can get expensive going to the restaurants. However, I will say the Depot Cafe was quite good. Excellent value. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning a Grand Canyon trip.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank txmomof2boys
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My mom and I stayed at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel for two nights. Our first impression of the place was not great. The parking lot was nearly full, and the lobby was packed with people waiting in line to check in. To make matters worse, the woman at the front desk was very unfriendly. Our "budget" room was pretty outdated, but clean. We dined at the buffet several times for convenience, and the food was nothing special. We were also a little disappointed to find that the bar closed at 10. In any case, the actual train ride to the Grand Canyon was a wonderful experience, so it made the stay at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel worth while.

Room Tip: As one might expect, the budget rooms aren't very nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family