Grand Canyon Railway Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Best Western Plus Inn Of Williams(Williams)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$223
Travelocity
Comfort Inn Near Grand Canyon(Williams)(Great Value!)
US$156
ComfortInn
Days Inn Williams(Williams)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$132
US$170
US$166
La Quinta
US$110
The Lodge On Route 66(Williams)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$111
RodewayInn
Highlander Motel(Williams)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$82
Hotels.com
Canyon Motel & RV Park(Williams)(Great Value!)
US$102
Travelocity
El Rancho Motel(Williams)
US$90
2,308 results
All reviewspackage dealmaswik lodgedinner buffettrain tripnight packagegrand canyon railwaydome carpasta barpasta stationdepot cafetrain robberyincluded mealsdeluxe roomtaking the trainbuffet stylewild west showsouth rim
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 November 2009

This is a tough one to write. Part of a package deal, and certain things here are just excellent and others are just inexcusable for the price.
First of all, this place has the most confusing, rat-maze layout of a hotel I've ever seen. It needs maps on the wall. My first evening it was easier to go outside and walk than navigate inside it was so disorienting. Every hall, every room, looks the same. By day 3 I had it down! I lost track of how many times I went in the wrong direction someplace.
I'd heard about the lack of wireless except the lobby, don't get that at all. I had a Sprint card and it just barely worked. But there wasn't a business center either. Getting a boarding pass required getting the desk to do it. I think the hallway maze may confuse a wireless signal as bad as it does the guests.
The roaring woodburning fireplace in the lobby, yeah, that's nice. Being across from the train station, excellent. The restaurant....not so much - OK, but yeah, I think overpriced although the food was actually pretty good and the overall staff service level of the place is truly excellent. But if you want to enjoy Williams, just walk into the old town and pick a local place to eat and that's no big deal at all. A whole lot more fun than the buffet, you're not trapped three miles out of town here.
No refrigerator, no microwave. Hmmmm. For a place that typically caters to vacationers, that's now becoming unusual.

My group was a little stunned on how early the hotel bar closed, and the lack of staff there, but again, you don't have to walk far in Williams to find another!

If you're taking the train this is natural easy place to stay, and I didn't see anything that I'd say 'don't stay here', but there are just things that could have been done better for just a little more effort.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2009

After reading some negative reviews about this hotel, I was a little concerned, but I found our rooms to be clean and comfortable. The beds were excellent, and we were able to sleep well. The food at the all-you-can-eat buffet was quite tasty as well, and we had a fantastic time.

I would have liked high-speed internet in the room, but that's not available except in the lobby. Oh, well.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2009

We booked a two-day package that included the train ride and meals besides the room and were very happy with everything EXCEPT the food. To say it was terrible would be an understatement. The breakfast buffet was OK, but the dinner meal was pitiful. All we could find that was edible was the macaroni and cheese. SO if you are thinking of buying the package, use the meal vouchers to buy stuff in the gift shop. Do NOT eat the food at the hotel resturant. The hotel was excellent and the train ride was wonderful. The pre-show (shoot-out) was very cute and provided some great photo ops. We saw plenty of animals on the train ride and the train car attendant was extremely informative. All in all I give it a thumbs up except for the food. Oh yea, they do NOT have wireless internet in the rooms, you have to go out into the lobby to use your laptop and then the signal is very weak.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SpiceFolks
Reviewed 21 October 2009

We stay at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel as part of the package with the train trip to the Canyon. This is a magnificent old hotel and was a great experience staying here. The pool and jacuzzi were great, the pool was a little bit cold for me, didn't worry the kids though. The bed are very comfortable, and you get a good night sleep, the bathrooms are also a very good size. The train trip was very enjoyable and a different way to travel, the kids loved the hold up and the entertainers, they were treated really well by all those on the train. We would have liked a bit more time at the Grand Canyon, and wanted the package where you can stay out there, but this was full, so get in early. You are able to use you ticket the next day as entry if you want to return to the Canyon so you don't have to pay the $25 entry fee. We didn't eat here so can not comment on the food, but we did find a great restaurant called the Pine Country Restaurant which is walking distance from the hotel, and highly recommend this place for Breakfast, lunch and dinner, they have a great selection for kids who are fussy eaters.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank matcatps3
Reviewed 12 October 2009

Internet in the lobby only? For the price of the room not convenient. Overpriced for the room and amenities. Food not worth the money in the package for the buffet. 19.00 per person for breakfast, give me a break! Wasn't much better for the evening meals either. If we had known it was a buffet for the restaurant we would not have included it in the package. Meals were much better downtown and more reasonably priced. Couldn't check in until late afternoon and checkout early. Couldn't even relax with TV as channels were worse than basic only.

The only good thing was that luggage could be stored at the hotel while on train to Grand Canyon, BUT only if they had room, otherwise keep in your car.

Hotels in the Grand Canyon were equally not worth the money when again a TV to relax to after walking away was basically non-existant for channels. Again, had to trek to the buffet this time to find internet service.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple