When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by a very lovely receptionist. Our room was ready and the instructions for the rest of our stay we were told were in the depot along with our train tickets. We received vouchers for our dinners and breakfasts, tour at the Canyon, discount vouchers for the gift shop, our tags for our luggage and instructions as to when we should have the luggage in the lobby the next morning along with the train tickets for the next two days. Our room was perfect- 2 nice comfortable chairs, queen beds and still a good amount of room to walk around. Dinner in the restuarant wasn't extremely fancy (buffet with plenty of food, our voucher included our dessert) but certainly a good variety and handled in a very efficient way. The next morning everything was handled just as well. Again breakfast was a buffet. There was a wild west show to get you in the mood for your ride to the canyon and then we boarded the train for the trip to the canyon. Upon our arrival the tour bus was ready for us we were taken to a lunch buffet and then on the tour. When the tour was finished we checked into our room and the bags were already in our room. From there until 2pm the next day we were on our own to see the Canyon. There is a very good shuttle system that takes you along the rim, you can get off and on at will. The next day the train left on time and we arrived back in Williams and again dinner at the buffet. Again our luggage was in our room. The rooms are spotless as was the room at the Maswik at the canyon. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The next morning we had breakfast again and left. We got our package through AAA and I would certainly recommend this to anyone. We had been to the Grand Canyon twice before, once to the north rim and once to the south rim. This by far was the most relaxing. My husband did not have to deal with the traffic and there was no stress.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the luxury of a bygone era at Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. Designed to resemble the century-old train depot that housed the original Fray Marcos Hotel, our hotel is a relaxing retreat in a picturesque Western setting. The 298-room hotel is just a block away from downtown Williams and historic Route 66. Combined with a variety of amenities such as complimentary wi-fi, an indoor pool and hot tub, delicious dining options at Grand Depot Cafe and Spenser's Pub, The Grand Canyon Railway Hotel is the perfect place to stay before embarking on your grandest of journeys! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Canyon Railway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Railway Williams
- Fray Marcos Hotel
- Hotel Grand Canyon Railway