“GREAT PLACE TO STAY,”
Review of Red Roof Inn

Red Roof Inn
Ranked #30 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel on July 15th thru the 17th,2011. this is the best hotel in the city with good rates. good location and walking distance to the shops and restaurants on 66. we plan on using this hotel again whne we come into town again. It's against the beautiful pines. Friendly staff, clean room, comfortable beds.

Room Tip: I revied trip adivisor to get this room and called other hotels to get rates and this was the best.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 April 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights in March 2011. Great welcome from owners, clean, spacious room, comfortable bed, really would recommend this hotel. Yes it is a bit dated, but after staying in 8 other motels, this was one of the nicest. They really looked after us.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2010

This Hotel couldn't be located any better in Williams . A couple miles from 3 or 4 Lakes for fishing . The Front Desk Clerk " Janice " was just the best . Very friendly , very informative about places to go and just an all around great person . We look forward to staying at the Mountain Side Inn on our next trip . The Room was perfect . Everything was Clean , Comfortable Beds , no noise , Great Hot Water but really clean . The continental Breakfast was great . I just love the way they have this place decorated . Old West and we enjoyed it very much . Thank You Janice and Charlie for a great time in Willams . We look forward to our next stay .

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank susu66
Reviewed 24 August 2009

This isn't a great hotel, but it has a certain charm and the price is good. It's an older hotel and looks it. Our room was reasonably comfortable, although perhaps not the cleanest place I've ever seen. There was a crumpled Kleenex between the sheets and a wad of hair under the pillow. And the breakfast was pretty much just toast and Cheerios. But still, it was kind of cute. The staff were very friendly. Our room had a double bed, and a Queen sized bed with a single bed over it, bunkbed style, so it's nice for a family. All in all, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank dogdazed
Reviewed 27 June 2009

Staff was very attentive and helped us plan our Grand Canyon excursion, and was very helpful! Thank you Yesika! Its a dated motel, but the price is great, the room was mostly clean and we enjoyed the peace and quiet. Short walk to great restaurants and shopping. We had no problem with internet, cable tv, staff, towels, anything. We even stayed an extra night for the peace and quiet! Thanks for the enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2009

Just stayed here two nights last week. It was roomy, clean, and a full bathroom in one room - something I like. I don't like the sink to be separate from the rest of the bath and this was perfect for me. There were a sufficient number of towels, the bed was comfortable. The internet worked just fine. Some minor problems: 1) they didn't leave an extra roll of tissue in the bathroom, so the quarter full roll didn't go far, and I was glad I always carry a spare in my luggage; 2) the TV isn't bolted to the dresser. I found that out when I tried to turn it so I could see it from the desk, it nearly toppled over; 3) the ice machine is up the hill on the second level of motel rooms (there are three levels up the hill, each level has two stories) and I was staying on the lowest level, first floor. I didn't try the restaurant, nor did I try the breakfast. The pool is nice, but the weather was too cool for swimming. I mentioned the bath tissue problem and TV situation to the office staff upon checkout. They said I should have called to request more tissue (their brand was far inferior to mine, so why bother?) and the response about the TV was that most people watch from the bed and they have no reason to turn it! Why not bolt the TV to protect their investment? Odd. I could hear the trains pass occasionally, but it wasn't so noisy to keep me awake. I found it charming and quaint, especially since I was traveling Route 66 for its old-time charm. I'd stay here again. I really loved Williams. I was surprised by the night life in that small town! The train from Williams to the Grand Canyon is a nostalgic adventure.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2009

Bathroom was filthy and had not been cleaned. Wet & dirty bath mat was left on floor along with dirty tub. Manager was nasty and finally agreed to a room change after several hostile exchanges. Electrical outlet was open and wires were exposed. TV was very poor and remote did not work. Complimentary breakfast included an open jar of peanut butter as well as a jar of jelly for all to share. Board of health where are you??? No apology was ever offered for any of the problems.

• Stayed: June 2009