We stayed at the Buffalo Pointe based on travelor's reviews from TripAdvisor, and I have to admit it's the first time I felt that TripAdvisor let me down -- although admittedly I did "ignore" some of the negative reviews being the generally positive person that I am! I've stayed in a lot of different B&Bs, but this one just really doesn't measure up! My overall feeling is that the owners/managers just really don't care enough to pay attention to all the little details that distinguish a B&B from the local Motel 6! For instance:
1. We had to go downstairs to ask for a roll of toilet paper, as our roll was 3/4 empty when we moved into our room, and no extra rolls to be found in the room or bathroom.
2. We had to keep taking the lid off the toilet and "fixing" it ourselves, as it had a problem with either not flushing or constantly running, which was very annoying.
3. Towel bar in the bathroom had parts missing/broken -- how hard is this to fix?
4. Little details such as no where in either room (we had two) to hang shirts on hangers (we ended up having to hang shirts on a wall sconce.
5. This is strictly a personal preference -- but we feel that no matter how nice the animal is, DOGS DO NOT BELONG IN A BED AND BREAKFAST ESTABLISHMENT!
6. The rooms are just slightly above "shabby" category, i.e. stains on the carpets, curtains made out of sheets, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Route 66 original. This Bed and Breakfast dates to 1909 as a lumber barrons mansion, then the bus stop and Mayors' house. Located downtown Williams and 45 minutes from the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. See you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Buffalo Pointe Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.