“cute area of Williams”
Review of Drover's Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williams
Drover's Inn
Ranked #8 of 12 Williams B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We did not stay at the motel but I certainly would next time. We did a walking tour through the rooms and they are so cute and well appointed, We ddi eat in the restaurant and the saloon for breakfast and had a great meal both places. John the owner came into the restaurant in a cowboy outfit to check on us as we ate three times! and then he cam in for breakfast and stopped at our table to talk to us and tell us aobut Williams and the Inn. He was dressed in his character outfit as the town sheriff although he is really the town Mayor. what a nice guy and the food was wonderful! Sorry we weren't there when they have the shoot out in town in the evenings!

Room Tip: EAt in the restaurant and saoon for breakfast.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Fran N

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Went up to Williams for a weekend get-a-way with my husband and we stayed in the Bordello room. The themed rooms are such an experience I recommend everyone to try!! From the time we checked into our room you felt like you were stepping back in time and was a unique experience! Camille is a true gem and probably the nicest person I have encountered at any hotel in my travels, she is the cream of the crop!! During my stay I saw her wear many "hats" and do different roles and am wondering if there is anything she doesn't do!!

This hotel is not the Hilton, it has an old world feeling but I love that kind of experience and I think this hotel would work for business stays, couple retreats, family, friends or even a solo trip. The bed was super comfy, in fact it was nicer than the bed I have at home! The shower was amazing, again was better than the shower I have in my own home and even want to know where they bought their shower-head!! haha The food is amazing the staff is warm and so courteous and the customer service given at this hotel is EXCEPTIONAL! Do not skip this hotel!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SMarquardt84
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I stayed here with my three children in October 2012; we all loved it! The food was delicious at the attached "restaurant". The owner & Town Mayor "John" made us feel like family. I am booking a second visit and want to stay here again. This time I will be taking Grandpa Peter with us. All the staff were sincere and friendly. We are hoping to ride horses this next visit; a very nice cowboy who works local recommended the ride. I'm hoping the weather holds. Do NOT overlook this quaint hide-away.

Room Tip: Room on North end is on the highway and directly across from train tracks.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2013

Our family of eight stayed at this beautiful hotel with gracious hospitality. We came to find out the world isn't as big as we thought. Our hosts actually came from a small town in Missouri that our family is from. We meet such wonderful people at the place. The rooms were amazing. Each room had it's own theme. The details of the whole Drover's Inn made us feel that we were back in time in 1800's. There was snow on the ground and it was very cold but it was holiday festive and fun. The Polar Express was just across the street. Our children like seeing the train go by from their window.The Inn is on Route 66 which has a lot of history John the manager and Mayor of Williams stated they were going to add on more themed rooms. We are planning to take a summer trip and stay here again. Truely the nicest staff i have ever meet at an Inn. Really felt like famliy. Thank you John and Judy for makking us feel so much at home and spoiled. We will have to bring our Foxtrotters up your way and go on some trail rides. See you all this summer. The Dicke Gang

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. The Hacienda has a nice jacuzzi and to bedrooms for families. The China C...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2012

The rooms don't have numbers, they have theme names. The themes are so well done that Disney would be envious. You are transported in time to the old wild west. The restaurant and bar are old west and you feel like you are walking the streets of an old western town. There are even real looking cowboys walking around occasionaly. The breakfast is served in the restaurant where you just order off the menu and just tell the server that you are staying at the Drovers Inn.

Besides being the most unusual hotel you have ever been to, you will meet the friendliest people on the planet. Within a few seconds you are part of the "family". John the owner, town mayor, and patriarch introduces you to his family (employees) and they are real glad to be help you in every way, They know everybody in town and when you ask a question they might just grab a phone and call somone to get you more info or prefered treatment. Camille the manager could not be more helpfull and is a wealth of information.

The locals visit the bar and restaurant. While talking to one, Steady Eddy, I discovered that his tire store was the model for Luigi's Tires in the Disney movie, "Cars".

Wild West Junction is not lust a place it stay or eat, it is an experience, an adventure, and something special that you wont find anywhere else.

Room Tip: The room names describe the decor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Despite of arriving very late at the Dover’s Inn (after 10pm), we were received with amazing warm hospitality by Ms Camilie the manager and Larry a staff member. When our travel plans changed unexpected, John the Inn’s owner who also happens to be the town’s mayor went above and beyond to ensure that we had a safe and comfortable vacation by driving us an hour away to pick up a rental car. Dover’s Inn has a fun Old West-theme, is affordable and conveniently located between the Grand Canyon and Flagstaff Arizona allowing travelers to easily visit both great places. I will definitely recommend this place and looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eunice S
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We arrived in Williams after the longest drive of our West Coast America tour and were immediately amazed by the 'Wild West'-ness of this amazing town. Our room at the Drover's Inn was like no other we have stayed in, with so many 'Wild West' features which made you feel like you were part of a John Wayne movie. Any fears we had about being out of our comfort zone were soon diminished after meeting 'Red' the resident cowboy who was so helpful to answer any questions we had and he even let us use his mobile phone to make an appointment at the local nail salon. Less than an hour away from the Grand Canyon, it's the perfect place to stay and I thoroughly recommend the Wild West Junction Friday night 'rodeo' show, where you can enjoy some fantastic barbecue food and be entertained by some country music .

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple