“A super tour guide”

Marvelous Marv's Grand Canyon Tour
Ranked #2 of 6 Tours in Williams
More attraction details
Owner description: I give personal private tours of the Grand Canyon from Williams, Arizona. I only do small groups and it's a full day. I've been doing these tours for over 20 years and have lived here all my life. No one knows more of this fantastic place than me, so give me a try!
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

We only had one day to spend at Grand Canyon. Luckily we pick the perfect guy to be our guide. Marv picked us up at precisely 9:00 am. Our hr. drive to the park flew by as he filled us in on the surroundings we were driving through.
We arrrived at the park and were treated to a wonderful walk around part of the south rim, with Marv giving us detailed explanations of the spectacular views. He is a wealth of knowledge not only of the physical landscape , but also the Indian tribes, explorers, and early settlers. You can tell how much he enjoys imparting information about his home ground.
He is a delightful gentleman and we enjoyed the whole day with him

1  Thank Lois220

Reviewed 19 July 2013

My wife and I went with Marv on a tour of the Grand Canyon and I have to say it was one of the best experiences of my life. I visited Vegas a few days after this as we were traveling round America on our Honeymoon and if I'm honest this made Vegas seem a bit boring. Marv is clearly passionate about the Grand Canyon and describes the entire history of it. He took some great pictures of my wife and I and it is a memory I will NEVER forget

I would highly recommend this tour and seeing the Grand Canyon must be done. It put a lump in my throat seeing it!!

I would however state this its probably for adults more so than kids as we did spend quite a lot of time there. I found it fascinating but some of the children looked a little bored after a while as they couldn't appreciate the history. One kid was talking about how amazing the little squirrel was in front of him yet behind him was the Grand Canyon

A reason to go on this tour other than the Helicopter tour is that Aviation is banned over the Grand Canyon so tourist trips take you to the Indian Reserve which is the outskirts of the Grand Canyon. If you do this you have been fooled by the tourist trade, you haven't actually visited the Grand Canyon at all!!!!

Reviewed 22 June 2013

My parents had taken a tour with Marv a few years ago and highly recommended him. He showed up at our hotel at 9 in a new Chrysler van that he uses for small groups, there was 4 of us in total: my husband and I and another couple from Michigan. It is about an hours drive from Williams this time was filled with local stories (Marv grew up in Williams) and pointing out the areas feature. It was great to be able to go to the perfect spots that we would not have found on our own and almost void people. He made a point to take our picture in all the good spots. Many of the parking lots were already full but Marv knows all the out of the way spaces that are hardly even used, we had lunch at one of the hotels cafeteria's which was nice because you were able to get your food quickly and there was a great selection. There was a nice gift shop next to the cafeteria that we had time to stop at. Our last stop was the El Tovar Hotel where we were able to go out on our own for about an hour to explore. On our ride back we saw a movie about the mule rides down into the canyon, it was great. I would highly recommend this tour, Marv is a great guy you can tell that he loves the area and wants to show people this home.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Marv took my husband and me on a tour of the Grand Canyon on May 31, 2013. What fun!
Promptly at 9am, he picked us up at our hotel in Williams in a new mini-van and drove us to the canyon.

By the way, stay in Williams when you see the canyon rather than Tusayan, which is admittedly much closer but completely lacking in charm or soul. Williams is just an hour's drive and it's a very cute little town with lots of restaurants, shops and Route 66 history. And if you hire Marv, as you should, you don't even have to do the driving yourself.

Marv is a quirky charmer full of information about the canyon and the area in general. He took us first on a little hike (OK, walk on a paved path) around the rim. Then we hopped a bus to a more remote section where we walked and sat on a rock and asked questions, learning and taking in the view. We had lunch at a cafeteria where the food was pretty good and there weren't as many people as in the Village proper. The we went to a different spot and to a museum with a lot of informative exhibits and an amazing view.

At the end of the day, Marv drove us up to the El Tovar Hotel and walked us through it. Then he left us alone to explore the hotels and exhibits there for about an hour on our own before he picked us up and drove us back to Williams. On the way back, we watched a movie about the mule rides down into the canyon.

It was a full day, but not so long that anyone would be completely exhausted afterward. One side benefit of a tour with Marvin - he takes your photo at all the good spots along the way. If you are pressed for time and have only one day to see the truly Grand Canyon, Marvelous Marv is the way to do it.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

We booked a tour with Marvelous Marvin who certainly lived up to his name.He picked us up exactly on time in a large brand new air conditioned motor and kept us fully entertained on the hour journey to the Grand Canyon. We told him we had been very impressed with the size of the metorite and he smiled and took us to a quiet part of the Grand Canyon away from the tourists and it was absolutely breathtaking-nothing like the metorite!!!He was very passionate and very knowledgeable as having always lived in the area. We would highly recommend him as it was one the best tours we have ever had and we are seasoned travellers. The tour was reasonably priced and worth every penny.