“Lovely People, Superb Food”
Review of The Singing Pig BBQ Restaurant - CLOSED

The Singing Pig BBQ Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Reservations a must. Notice: June 18, 2014: Our lease has been transferred to another business. We will be closing our doors July 20, 2014. We'll miss you all and thank you for making us the number 1 restaurant for 4 years. God bless you, Kathi & Kevin
Hamburg
“Lovely People, Superb Food”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We went to the Bar next door and found ourselves in the "Singing Pig", which we went here for in the first place. Grandiose!

1 Thank benatz
TheSingingPigBBQ, Owner at The Singing Pig BBQ Restaurant, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Danke, Germany. So glad you enjoyed your time with us. If you're ever back in our area I hope you'll come enjoy another meal with us.
Love,
Kathi & Kevin

“BEST BBQ W/IN 4HRS OF VEGAS!!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Now I'm not saying, I;m just saying :) I know my BBQ. I've lived in GA, TN and TX. I've had BBQ so good it will make you cry... This place ranks among the best. If you are the suave-n-de-boner type, keep driving :) You sit at picnic tables in the bar and the owner and his wife bring you meat smoked for 8-10 hrs, No Fork Needed! The sauce is tasty fires and slaw are killer. Get the sampler with a side heaping of pulled pork.. We found this place on TripAdvisor, keep up the great job. I only use TripAdvisor when I travel.
It was so good we stopped going to and from Canyon de Chelly.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank jmed1
Thank you so much for your kind review. Las Vegas is just a hop, skip and a jump away so we hope you will come back often. Lots of love, Kathi & Kevin
New England
“Friendly and great pork too!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The three of us saw the reviews on TripAdvisor and decided to try it on our way back to Las Vegas. We were leaving the Grand Canyon early because one of us fell and broke her arm, so we were not in a great mood. That completely changed after eating at the Singing Pig. The owners were very friendly and the pulled pork was great. Yes, it's a hole in the wall--another reason to love it. I only wish I'd tried the ribs. Next time! Thanks, Singing Pig, for raising our spirits and giving us a memorable experience. We'll be back.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Cove22
TheSingingPigBBQ, Owner at The Singing Pig BBQ Restaurant, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you so much ladies. So sorry to hear about the broken arm but glad we were able to help improve your disappointment. Please come see us again when you can and thank you again for such a beautiful review. Love Kathi & Kevin
Winslow, Arizona
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Made the journey to Williams with the goal to eat at the Singing Pig BBQ. Well, when I arrived there were two big signs in front of the Pig - One said "On vacation closed to June 4th" the other said "Serving on Fri, Sat and Sun". I am not sure which sign was accurate and true - but either way the place was closed. If they do only serve 3 days a week that should be in you Trip Advisor ad....Just not good business!

Visited May 2014
TheSingingPigBBQ, Owner at The Singing Pig BBQ Restaurant, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Hello Aclacrosse. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Our days open are listed on Trip Advisor, Yelp, Our Web Page and our front window of the restaurant. You may have noticed on our front window that it said ON VACATION. BACK OPEN JUNE 20.
Columbus, Ohio
“Great Food, Perfect Atmosphere For My "Bucket List" Trip”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

One of my motivations for the past year in losing almost 100 pounds was to qualify for the Grand Canyon mule trip to Phantom Ranch (the weight limit is 200 lbs). In planning my trip I looked to fill my itinerary with unique, non-commercial places to stay, travel and eat. The Singing Pig fit perfectly into those plans.

Kevin and Kathi greeted me in the afternoon warmly when I stopped by to check on my reservation. Later that evening I was treated to an incredible full rack of ribs accompanied by a dozen wings, cole slaw, garlic bread and french fries (yes - I totally blew off my diet!). I even commented at the time that my wife, the world's pickiest critic when it comes to ribs, would've loved them! The meat fell off the bones and you could have eaten them with a fork - but why bother?

Reading some of the negative comments here I frankly think some people just don't get it. Sure, if you want a "Buffalo Wild-Wings" style of chain restaurant then this isn't the place for you. If you show up late, they'll give your food to someone else but given Kevin only makes a case of ribs a day people shouldn't expect them to let any go to waste to accommodate someone who can't show a little common courtesy and call to say they're running late. How many restaurants have a bulletin board that includes a list of prayer concerns? Not that this should be of any concern to those worried about such things, I mention it more to emphasize the casual, personal atmosphere. While not dirt cheap, keep in mind you ARE in the heart of Rt 66 tourist territory and in any case, it wasn't overpriced either.

Kathi performed all the service duties (keeping my Diet Coke filled with numerous refills) while Kevin did all the cooking. They both patiently indulged my stories about my past year of dieting and my trip down into the Grand Canyon in a coupe of days while they shared their excitement over their upcoming trip to Ireland. As I was traveling alone, it was nice to be a part of their evening rather than just another nameless customer. Yes - they even remembered my name that evening following my earlier stop in the afternoon.

You can choose to eat in the 100 year-old bar attached next door if you want alcoholic drinks but I was looking for conversation and learning more about Kathi and Kevin. Unfortunately,I forgot to ask Kevin why his beard is blue so hopefully Kathi can respond with the back story!

Be sure to make your reservations ahead of time - Kathi made a personal call to me to verify mine rather than just reply by e-mail. Unfortunately they're only open Fri/Sat/Sun but if you're in town over the weekend, I highly recommend The Singing Pig.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Dean L
It was such a pleasure to serve you at our restaurant and to hear all about your fabulous loss of weight and goal to ride the mule down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon. You give hope to all of us who are THINKING about losing weight but afraid we'll never be able to do it. IT CAN BE DONE and you are living proof of that. May God continue to bless all your successes. With heartfelt appreciation, Kathi & Kevin