“Comfortable Comfort Inn”

Comfort Inn Near Grand Canyon
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Stayed one night at the Comfort Inn on the way back from the Grand Canyon. The room was clean and spacious will microwave, coffee maker and a fridge. Breakfast was included in the price and they had a wide selection to choose from. However, the hot food choice of sausage and egg was terrible and my husband moaned about it (to me!) for half an hour afterwards. I had a waffle which was good.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
GMComfortInn86046, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Near Grand Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

We sincerely appreciate the effort our valued customers give to write us their valuable feedback. We always aim to give quality service and give our guests the value for their money. Your assessment with regards to the breakfast served is indeed very important to us, so that we may correct the deficiencies that we have overlooked. It is our aim to give our valued guests a clean and comfortable place to settle in while away from home. We hope to be of service to you again.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Williams a great town to seek lodging when visiting the Grand Canyon or this part of the country. It is a unique little western town that can be explored on a leisurely walking tour. This is one of the best things about the Comfort Inn in Williams...location. It's right down the street on the main drag, and restaurants and shops are within easy walking distance. Park the car and get out and walk!

Checking in and out...the staff were friendly enough, not overly enthusiastic, but friendly enough. We had a room with two queens. Overall, I would say the room was well appointed for a Comfort Inn, comfortable, and clean. We had no issues at all with the room. Since we stayed in this hotel in May, it was still nice and cool outside, and we were able to actually open the windows. Nice mountain breeze!

We stayed here one night on a weekend. I realize that weekend nights usually cost a little more...but we paid almost $150. for one night for a pretty nondescript Comfort Inn room. I think this is a bit steep for a middle-of-the-road hotel chain accommodation. Wi-fi and breakfast are included with the room. Again, nothing remarkable here...standard stuff.

Williams is a great little town, and I would like to visit here again. Would I stay again at this Comfort Inn location? Probably...it was clean and comfortable enough, with a great location. But I would definitely try to negotiate a better rate if possible.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

We wish to extend our sincere appreciation for the time you took to write us your feedback. We welcome all the candid comments shared to us by our valued guests. We appreciate the comment on how you find our location very convenient for you as well as the liking you expressed for the cleanliness of the accommodation in total. Thank you for choosing our hotel, and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I have been to Wiliams, Arizona on numerous occassions and try different hotels to find a decent one. I was pleasantly surprised with this one. It was clean and comfortable. It appears to have been updated. I have read other comments about the noise from the hall. I did hear it, but it's an older hotel and what is more important to me is the cleanliness and that really met my expectations. I enjoyed my stay. Yes the breakfast area is busy in the morning, but that is just part of traveling. Not a big deal. There was pleantly of food. You may have to wait to get to the waffles, but it's not a big deal.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we are more than happy to hear that we’ve given you a great experience to remember. Your feedback regarding our room cleanliness as well as the comfort it gave you brings us great joy knowing that we have met your satisfaction. Rest assured that we will try our best to aim higher than high in giving you the best service there is to offer. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stayed in hotel as many others because we were going to Grand Canyon next day. Room was perfect, spacious, clean and updated. Bed were comfortable and big. Staff were friendly and polite. Wifi was available for free. Pool was nice but I prefered hot tub. Hotel was very crowdy when we stayed there, so sometimes we heard some noices from upstairs, but it wasnt very bothering. Breakfast was included, not the best but satisfing choices (waffles, scrambled eggs, sausages, yougurts etc). Next to hotel is shop to buy food which is another plus. Definitely nice hotel to stay in.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful feedback; it gives us immense pleasure to know that we have met your standards with great satisfaction. We are also very grateful for the opportunity to serve you fairly well, your feedback regarding the room cleanliness and the accommodating staff is enough to motivate us to maintain and further improve the quality of service we’ve offered our valued guests. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

These folks must have found out a way to take down my other review. My Girlfriend who has MS and is confined to a wheelchair her son and myself made notifications that we needed a handicap room. I even shipped a shower seat and toilet seat for handicap to the hotel. When we arrived, we were put in to a non handicap room. They never picked up the parcels from the post office. I had to carry my Girlfriend to the toilet, hold her steady from falling due to no grab bars, carried her to the shower, went to the Dollar Store next door to get a shower wand and rig it to the shower so she could clean herself, but again I had to stay with her. I took a chair from the pool to put in the bath tub so she had some security to sit and bathe. I never received my $100 worth of Medical Aid (bath bench and toilet seat) back, so assumed lost or stolen. Just a complete nightmare

Room Tip: If you have a wheelchair, go elsewhere
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time in informing us on how our services have been during your stay with us. We understand that you were met with unfavourable circumstances due to the unavailability of your room of choice, and for that we are deeply sorry. We sincerely give priority to people with disabilities and we apologize if we failed to do that during your stay with us. In lieu of this matter, staff services will be assessed thoroughly to ensure great service. We hope to give you a far better experience next time around, should you reconsider visiting our hotel again. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

We stayed here on our wayhome from LA to see the Grand Canyon. It was quiet, clean, and had a good breakfast. It is in need of some serious updating. We stayed in Flagstaff on our way to LA and it was much nicer for a better price so check it out. If I had to do it over again I'd have gone back to Flagstaff and stayed there.

1  Thank Pamela M

We are very grateful for the feedback that you raised, as it will be of great help to us in better serving our valued guests. We wish to extend our concern and our apology if we fell short in giving you the best value for your money. The feedback on the needed updates in the hotel will be closely evaluated and monitored accordingly, thus proper actions will be taken to address the concern at hand without delay. We sincerely hope that you reconsider and visit us again.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

After a long day at Grand Canyon, it was very nice to come and check-in at a this Comfort Inn. Hotel room was very well equiped, far better than other hotels along the Route 66 we visited.
Short walk to downtown Williams, with many cosy places to visit and we have a enjoyable evening.
Very good complementary breakfast served at the hotel. Friendly and welcomming staff.
Whenever we will be in Williams again - which we hopefully will - we will stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael H

It is our goal to provide our guests the best service there is to offer like no other hotel can, and we sincerely appreciate the time you took in writing us your valuable feedback to commend us for the services we have given you. We couldn’t be more pleased to have served you well and made your stay a memorable one. It pleases us to know that you appreciated the entire hotel experience in total, for we wish to make the stay of our guests as comfortable as possible while giving them the best value for their money. We hope to be of service to you again very soon.