“Good food, Poor Service”

Goldie's Route 66 Diner
Ranked #7 of 68 Restaurants in Williams
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 October 2013

When we got there the waitress was obviously annoyed that we had come. There aren't any posted hours anywhere, but apparently they were closing (at 1:30 in the afternoon). We got our food relatively quickly, but we needed more ketchup, wanted to order a milkshake after we were finished eating, and needed our check, and every time the server and the cook were standing out on the sidewalk smoking and we had to wait kind of a long time. The food was good, but I wouldn't go back...

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We had been here before so decided to come back for breakfast, we drove the 54 miles from the Grand Canyon to Williams for breakfast on route. We weren't disappointed, there was no one in there when we arrived we greeted and seated and served really quickly, the food was cooked fresh we even heard the chef whisking the eggs. The scrambled eggs were fluffy, the sausage delicious and the fried potatoes were great we really enjoyed it.

The setting is so unique on Route 66 an authentic diner with 1950 music playing and decor o match. I would strongly recommend people try it if they are in the area as it is a unique experience coupled with great food.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

If you're looking for a good, old fashioned burger, this is your spot. Seemed clean enough and the server was attentive. Our daughter had the waffles and LOVED them.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

The staff were so friendly at this really nice traditional American Diner. We stopped in for a late breakfast and it appeared to be popular with locals as well as passers-by like us. Being from the UK our kids loved the fact that this diner looked like the ones they have seen on tv and in films

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stopped into the diner for breakfast and was pleased with our find. I had the french toast breakfast special and it was delicious! The food was good and typical, but I wanted to write my review on the staff. Our waitress, (I am kicking myself for not remembering her name!!!!) she was amazing. My niece was suffering from car sickness and did not eat her breakfast, the waitress came and inquired about the plate not being touched. After telling her about Kate's sickness she then offered some dry cereal. We thought that would be a good choice. When I went to pay she was concerned about Kate and offered her a 7 up and crackers for the road. This customer service is so rare and worth mentioning. I hope the owner realizes what a treasure he has working here. Thanks again for the welcoming, terrific customer service!