“Spenser's Pub versus Railway Buffet”
Review of Spenser's Bar

Spenser's Bar
Ranked #20 of 59 Restaurants in Williams
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, American
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Great menu, reasonable prices, beautiful bar carved in 1887, all types of libations.
Green Valley, Arizona
“Spenser's Pub versus Railway Buffet”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Our first night at the Railway Station Lodge we didn't know we could use our buffet tickets at the Pub so we just had drinks. We liked the atmosphere and it was in the same building as our room. The second night we weren't very hungry and didn't feel like the buffet so we decided to forego the buffet that came with our package and just eat some thing from the limited menu at the Pub. When we told the waitress we decided not to go to the buffet she told us we would have credit for the buffet meal at the Pub. We don't really like buffets so we were happy to stay at the Pub and get served the small amount of food that was all we needed after big breakfasts and lunch. Like I said in the previous review of the whole trip - lots of things that made our trip better were found out by accident.

• Visited April 2014

“Don't bother.”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

A nice hotel experience was ruined by the bad attitude of the bar staff in spenders. There were no smiles, talking amongst themselves, and a general indifference to the customer. Stay at the hotel but eat and drink out.

• Visited April 2014
Arkansas
“Amazed at the level of indifference”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The bar is beautiful and has a historic story to go with it which is why we went there in the first place. At first things went fine as there was only one other couple in the bar and the bar tender could easily wait on all of us. She offered us complimentary chips and salsa which was a nice perk. We were tired after driving all day to get there, a two hour time difference, and the change in altitude so we decided to just eat there . We waited a very long time especially for a bowl of chili and a quesadilla. When the food did arrive the quesadilla looked as though it had been overcooked and I said so, however the bar tender made no comment and walked away. I showed my husband and he tried to gain her attention and said very loudly that my food was overcooked. The couple down the bar head him, but the bar tender acted as though she didn't hear him. He then offered to trade dishes with me as it appeared that nothing was going to be done about it and at the same time a large number of people came into the bar. We found out that it was because the train had returned and they were all trying to get their drinks before happy hour was over. It was very crowded. Every seat was taken, and people were standing at the bar as well trying to get in drink orders. The bar tender was alone for a bit, and it was ridiculous. Finally someone came to assist her, however she kept having to ask how much to put in glasses and such. The name on the ticket for our server says Voyza. I assume that was the bar tender who gave us such bad service, and I really think that my meal should have been taken off the ticket because I wasn't able to eat it even when I put sour cream and hot sauce on it, so I just filled up with the complimentary chips and salsa. My husband said his chili was spicy and not very good. Our total was 35.00 for that negative experience. We did not return, and I would not advise anyone else to go there.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank mb2
Bayfield, Wisconsin
“Skip the Buffet and Head Here”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

With fresh fruit and oatmeal in the morning and sandwiches and salads at night, I prefer Spenser's to the heavy buffet. The prices are reasonable and kids can eat there too. The Spenser's coffee was worth the calories.

Visited February 2014
Teignmouth, United Kingdom
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This is a lovely bar, well furnished, and comfortable. Happy hour and a good selection was appreciated. If on the meal package you get $20 credit towards a meal in the bar.

Visited February 2014