“Yucky ....Do not waste your time and money”
Review of Norris Inn

Norris Inn
Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Better stay outside instead of in this place. The owners are mean, rude, liars and all they want is your money.
I got to this motel late at night and I asked to see the room before I book it. The Oriental lady said I should pay first and if I did not like the room she would give me a refund. So I did pay for it. I got to the room and the room was dirty with a bad smell amd no heat. I started the heater but it was not getting any warmer than 48 degrees F. So went back to the reception to get my money back. She called her husband who told me they have a no refund policy. They were both screaming at me and she called me "garbage" and " stupid", saying that I am not able to use the eater in the room. I advised them that I am an attorney and if they do not refund me I will see them in court and they'll have to pay for my wasted time with them too. She refunded me, but kept on being rude till I left the office.

I think this place should be shut down.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank elena h
There are newer reviews for Norris Inn

Reviewed 15 April 2011

Unfortunately my husband is not very savvy at booking hotels... He booked us here for one night on our way home to Canada... The room is dirty, stinky, small, cramped, dark, it has no coffee maker, no shampoo, no lotion... The bathroom fan sounds like a jet. The owners aren't too friendly either.. Oh and the pillows look like someone urinated on them, big yellow stains, yuck!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lellybean
Reviewed 11 April 2011

The staff was very unfriendly at first.
Bad smell, but could handle it.
We arrived early morning and the staff said they charged half of the price but actually charged full price or even more which I realized after checking with the Internet.
I chose this one because of the name of the motel, and I was so tired and just wanted to stay somewhere and this motel is one of the first motels you can see when you entered Williams. Don't be in a hurry to find motels in here. There are bunch of motels here and you will have better options.
Tip. Actually they charged the full two nights and even more. When we left in the morning to see the grand canyon we asked them to clean the room but the staff said very unfriendly with weired face "You just checked in early morning but you want to clean the room?" anyway, I felt bad with the staff. Not a good choice in conclusion.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Miracle1002
Reviewed 23 December 2010

My wife, son and I stayed here in late July and were pleased with what we received.The room even had a small fridge for no extra charge and the woman at reception opened the pool early the next morning for us so we could get in some swimming before driving back to Las Vegas.
The rooms aren't fancy but for what they cost what would you expect?I don't get these travellers who book 3 people into a $66 a night room and expect Hilton-type quality and service and then whine when they don't get it.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2010

We stopped at the America's Best Value Inn in Williams late at night on our way home to AR from CA. Have had good experience with other best Value's so stayed despite the wierd smell in the lobby. The place was disgusting!! Bed covers were stained .room smelled funny, there were old used washclothes hanging over the shower rod! After calling around could not find another room . Bit the bullet and stayed. Both me and my 4 year old woke with some kind of bug bites all over us. The continental breakfast consisted of one paper plate of some old .99 cent mini doughnuts and a sponge cake. DO NOT STAY HERE! Best value should take their chain name away. The place is dirty ,the staff unfriendly, and the whole place smells funny!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2010

Williams had been snowed upon a day or two before we arrived. All motels in Williams had their driveways and parking areas cleared of Snow EXCEPT America's Best Value Inn (ABVI) in Williams AZ. If I had not of secured a reservation over the Internet, I would have passed the motel up and gone to another. As we drove in the driveway, we were driving on Snow -- the complete parking area was covered with Snow. There were a few tire marks in the snow. I asked the Owner Manager about clearing the Snow away. He said "No -- it will melt". Like an idiot I signed in for one night. Big mistake! As we parked near our room we had to walk through the snow with our bags to the room. On the sidewalk next to the door there was Ice that we slipped on. Upon the opening of the door there was a real MUSTY smell to the room. The beds and furniture were very poor. After briefly sitting on the beds and the inhaling the musty smell I knew I did not want to spend the night in those beds. The bathroom had a light (must have be 40 W bulb) with a yellow cover over the bulb. You could barely see what you were doing in the bathroom. We decided to go find another motel. We found a nice little motel closer in town. The room was cheery, neat, beds were great, and the driveway was free of snow so that we could park right next to our room. And, the plus was that the room was cheaper than ABVI Williams. We returned to ABVI, removed our luggage from the room (we had not touched anything in the room) and turned in the keys. There was no mention by the lady on the desk about a refund or discount for early exit (45 mins after we signed in). Yes, we paid full price for our error in trusting that the room might be worth it even though the driveway and parking was filled with Snow.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2009

After arriving late at night, we chose this hotel (even though it looked dodgy from the outside) because we thought it was a reputable chain (and the Motel 6 and Super 8 were fully booked). The room was pretty awful, with cigarette burns in the curtains, stained carpet and a slightly odd smell. But the worst was waking up after an hour in bed covered in bites and finding two bugs crawling in the bed. I caught one in a plastic cup and took it to reception. When I showed the owner my bites and the bug, he did not seem concerned or shocked. He only stated that they had no other rooms and asked if I wanted the room rate back! Of course I did! He did not offer to help us find another hotel and we spent the next two hours driving around town trying to find any available rooms and ended up having to sleep in the RV park slightly out of town. What a disaster. My advice, pay a little extra for a clean, bug-free room!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple