“Horrible...I will never stay here again!”
Review of Norris Inn

Norris Inn
Ranked #28 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Corona, California
“Horrible...I will never stay here again!”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I made my reservation online and was not informed of their $10 pet fee until I arrived. The room they provided stunk horribly! I could not stand to be in the room for more than a few minutes, the urine smell was so bad! My 4 month old puppy wouldn't stop barking, we presume from her thinking there was another animal around. I tried to look online for another hotel nearby but I was out of luck. I went to the office and they gave me a hard time when I requested a different room due to the stench. That's when they told me they only had "one pet room". She insisted on inspecting the room that we just walked into for any damages before she would consider allowing us to move to a different room (we were there only 10 minutes). The new room was decent enough since there wasn't a stench. The beds were horrible and the furnishings were very outdated. The whole experience was just bad and I'm not a picky traveler. The next morning as we were leaving, the room next door opened their door and a small dog came running out (this was not the stench room). Obviously they do let animals into their other rooms. The staff was rude about my complaint and I will never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Debbie T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed 4 August 2013

For a motel this was fine. It was clean and nearby the attractions we wanted to visit. We did not expect luxury, so we were not disappointed. We were pleasantly greeted by the staff and felt welcomed. There were no loud noises from adjoining rooms, so I assume that the walls are insulated.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
baltimore
Reviewed 28 July 2013

we booked here the last minute after a change in plans on our grand canyon trip. this is a fine basic motel. the rooms were comfortable and fine. no complaints.
pool was great and the owner agreed to open the pool at 7 am for me to swim.
i do not know why so many people are so negative, i could not find anything to complain about so i am giving it 5 stars for its category. i would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Palo Alto
Reviewed 17 July 2013

The web site says nothing about an extra fee, but they charged $10 for my small dog. The room was supposed to be non-smoking, but plainly someone had recently violated that rule. The tile in the bathroom was coming off, and the rug in the bedroom was still wet (hopefully from a recent cleaning). The "breakfast" looked to be cheap pastries picked up from the local Safeway. I would have been better off staying at the nearby Motel 6, or spending more by staying at a real "pet friendly" hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Timothy R

Travellers are raving about these Williams hotels

Paradise, California, United States
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Williams, AZ, is a tourist town on Hwy 66 and I-40, just below the Grand Canyon. I expect to overpay for everything, but I expect better than America's Best Value Inn. To lock our door, I had to lean hard on the door to push it in before the latch would set. The room had a general run-down look, the inside of the door was dirty and needed either a washing or paint. The beds have some kind of plastic sheet to protect the hard mattresses, and they make creaking noises when you move. The grounds are attractive enough. Would NOT recommend or visit again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chadwrite
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Broke my own rule last night and stayed the night here, I always check rooms before I commit to them, but last night we had had a long day it was dark and cold, we where hungry so we just checked in. That was a mistake.
The Americas Best Value Inn is dirty it smells, and Norman is definitely in the shower. Seriously the curtain is some heavy latex rubber of the Psyco era. Even the power points where dodgy.
No wonder there wheren't many cars in the parking lot.
You know places can be old, but they have to be clean. The pictures here on trip advisor look ok, its the added sensory of smell and sight detail of dirty carpet, thin sheets flat pillows, and thread bare towels and face cloths, these things could be rectified in a day.
Not stayiny two nights as we had intended.

Room Tip: Drive bye, don't stop, unless you are looking for a fixer upper, and wanted to commit to cleanin...