“Bad News”

Motel 6 Williams East - Grand Canyon
Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I had not stayed at a Motel 6 for several years, and will never stay at one again.

Pros: Good location for the Grand Canyon Railroad.
Free local calls( Don't know anyone in Williams)
Cons: No bathroom amenities
Very few TV stations ( Could not even watch the first regular season NFL game)
Ice machine didn't work
No closet in room
Cheap bed
No carpet in room

This was more like staying in a dorm room, not a motel room.

Room Tip: Just pick another motel in Williams !
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank cloudcroftkid1

Reviewed 31 August 2013

This was my first trip to Williams, so I chose a hotel at random. I was very pleased when I checked in. The clerk was very friendly, the rooms are updated nicely and its a perfect location. Located on Route 66 it's a few blocks from the hustle and bustle, so you dont have the noise polution of the bars and other outdoor entertainment, but close enough to walk to all the entertainment. I only had one complaint...the housekeeping staff start very early and tend to be loud while they're working. I decided that wasn't so bad to keep me from staying again, after all, I'm there to see the sights not sleep all day. Overall a winner!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 1 August 2013

The price was good, the motel was supposedly new but still had an old feel to it. No coffe in the room, the bathroom was not impressive at all. The staff tried, but theres only so much they can do. The train runs righ behind it, and its loud.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Ghostwife
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Dirty, unclean, dumpy ... what more can I say. I'd avoid this one. We often stay at Motel 6 when we just need a quick place to stay for a night. This one was way below par and as dirty as I've seen, including travel to Asia (not Motel 6's) and Europe. Avoid this Motel 6 if you're familiar with the newer, cleaner version of Motel 6. EVERYTHING needs to be cleaned and updated, including the stairs, walkways, shower (plastic was sandy / dirty), etc.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Upon first arriving, you think this a dinky little motel that's gonna be scary. But it's not at all! Our room was just fine. Big comfy bed and the best pillows ever! Had hard wood floors and plenty of towels. It's no frills but was fine for the night. No hairdryer so you will need your own and we had no garbage can in our room but brought up a bag from the car and that was fine for us. It was no big deal. Got a good rate and the girl at the front desk was so friendly and nice! Would totally recommend. I don't get all the bad ratings this place had gotten. But anyway....it was fine for us.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KentuckyTravelBug80
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We has some trouble with check in here they are renovating and the system had lost our reservation. Luckily we had our confirmation letter with us and they had room's available. The room was clean spacious and had comfy beds IT was pretty quiet there are a few restraint nearby and a grocery store right across the street so all in all a good stay

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

The room was ok, shower was good, reasonable price, fast-free wifi.
HOWEVER,
housekeepers started cleaning at 8:30 am. They talk super loud on the phone, slamming and knocking every single door. I will never stay this motel again unless manager changes housekeepers. Almost every motel start cleaning after 12:00 am.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple