“Good for Motel 6”

Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Williams
california
“Good for Motel 6”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Someone mentioned this used to be a different hotel (Holiday Inn?). It has interior corridors and a lobby, not the usual Motel 6 layout. Decent enough, nothing memorably good or bad. Spacious rooms and even the bathroom is pretty big. The towels seemed to be new (maybe they resupply at the start of travel season).

It seems a lot of people do not understand what comes with the low rates of a Motel 6...it will just be the room, a few bars of "emergency" soap, coffee in the am, free local calls and HBO on the telly. You need to bring your other own toiletries and possibly your own pillow if picky.

Great location near the Safeway and train station, lots of parking. Didn't check out the pool.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank mlgb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Finnish first
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

Paid $50 a night for a few consecutive nights. Rooms very clean, huge bed, it does exactly what it says on the tin.

Bathroom is very small and it's not a luxurious place, so if you plan on spending plenty of time at your hotel then maybe pay more for a better hotel, but for the price it's hard to beat. We just used it as somewhere to sleep and wash so didn't need to pay more.

There's a big supermarket a stone's throw from it, plenty of car parking and it's walking distance from the main strip. Receptionists were both great and the Grand Canyon Railway is a short walk away.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank TwoRoflers
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

My first ever stay at Motel Six and paid a rate of $59. The motel shows its age and the room I had the tiles in the bathroom were loose and whenever I moved in the shower it made a creaking sound (thought I might fall through). There was also no shampoo and the wireless Internet kept cutting out.

Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jpkamloops

Travellers are raving about these Williams hotels

Copenhagen
Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

Arrived late after a very long drive from San Diego - expected normal Motel 6 service and availability and got just that at a reasonable $44 for a single night stay. Good parking facilities, very large and clean room with two queen beds and a clean shower. Excellent. Williams is a really small place that shuts down at around 9 pm off season but there are the usual outlets of restaurants nearby for foods. Great for an overnight small town stay on your way to Grand Canyon :-)

• Stayed February 2013
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Our winter vacation in March. I choose this location because of the indoor pool and hot tub. We had been waiting to take our children on their winter vacation since Dec but work and life kept getting in the way. Finally in March we were able to schedule our skiing vacation. We booked a room online at motel 6, and much to my surprise there are two Motel 6 locations within 500 Ft of one other. Not knowing this before hand I booked the room at the pool-less Motel 6. I was able to call and cancel the incorrect reservation and make the booking at the correct location. That process was easy and the customer service was great. Upon arrival checking in was simple and finding the room was easy. Before checking in we went to Safeway, which is conveniently located around the corner in walking distance. We got some popcorn, drinks, snacks, and a red box movie. Imagine our surprise and disappointment when we got into the room to discover there was no microwave, fridge, coffee pot, DVD player, clock radio etc. The room was basic bed, tv, table, a/c, bathroom, towels. The cleanliness of the room was not what i expected from the commercials. But the room was MUCH better than the pool and hot tub. My children could not wait to get into the heated pool and hot tub. After the short walk to the pool area my kids jumped right in, no hesitation. I jumped in right behind them. The water was warm. After about 10 min in the pool I got into the hot tub and almost immediately began to feel my skin become irritated, after about 2 minutes in the hot tub I noticed a green residue on the rim of the hot tub. After a little more exploration I saw that green slime was surrounding the entire hot tub, some areas the slime were really thick. I got out after seeing that and thought I would get into the pool to rinse off the hot tub water and before jumping into the pool again I noticed what looked like paint chips floating in the water. LOTS OF PAINT CHIPS. I assume they where settled at the bottom of the pool and myself and my children stirred them when we got in. I quickly got my kids out f the pool went back to the room and took a shower. After getting out the shower I called the front desk and informed the woman of what I saw in the pool and hot tub. She was very nice and said she would have maintenance look at it. I give this Motel 6 a 1 star out of 5, I regret not taking a picture of the slime.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kraneisha h
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 March 2013

On our trip to the Grand Canyon, we stayed here for one night. Great location, easy to find. There is another Motel 6 ("East") just 500 feet down the road. Very strange!
In "West" we had a nice, clean, very spacious room on the ground floor with refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, tv and free WiFi. Friendly staff. They don't offer any breakfast, just coffee. Safeway is just around the corner.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We stayed at this Motel 6 West while touring through the National parks. Do not confuse this with their sister (Motel 6 East) property one block down and on the opposite side of the street. The rooms are very basic and do not offer a fridge, microwave, clock/radio, coffee maker or hair dryer and the rooms have laminate floors. The beds are nice and firm and the comforters have this southwestern looking Motel 6 logo on them. The sink in the room is separated from the toilet/shower area.

They have a nice large indoor pool and a jacuzzi with the capacity for about 10 people. I used the pool/jacuzzi twice while there and no one else was ever using these facilities. There were showers next to the jacuzzi and plenty of fresh towels in the pool area. The hotel had two washers ($1.75 each) and two dryers ($1.25 each). There is an ice machine in the lobby, a soda machine that states it takes $1, but on a separate piece of paper it states $1.10. There is a room next to the lobby that serves coffee in the morning and offers a microwave, but no type of other breakfast service, another wasted area. Also the lobby has a tall, tall ceiling with a sofa, chair, tv fireplace and not much else in this massive area again more under utilized space. This lobby area was not a typical Motel 6 lobby, so I inquired with the young lady at the reception and she stated this hotel was previously a Holiday Inn.

The main negative item with my stay was that we had rowdy neighbors talking loud and slamming doors for more than one hour. I notified the reception to please speak with the neighbors. Reception made an effort, but the noise continued for at least another hour. The reception stated there was a large group staying at the hotel and there was not really an option to move as they were spread throughout the property, so reception did make an effort to rectify the situation. I even spoke with the neighbors and it finally settled down about thiry minutes after speaking with them. The second night of our stay there were no issues.

For the price and access to the pool, jacuzzi, location to the main grocery store one block away and all the restaurants within walking distance I would return again.

Room Tip: Rooms with the laminate floors generate more noise than the carpeted floors.