“What I Expected I Guess”

Motel 6 Williams West - Grand Canyon
Ranked #20 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We checked in quickly at the smoke smelling front desk then drove around to our room. We had a room in a back building near the pool. The room was actually much bigger than most Motel 6 rooms that we have used in the past.

The corridors were not air conditioned. The AC in the room was flaky and took playing with to get it to work.

There was not an elevator in the back building near the pool.

From the back building you have to go a long way for ice.

Our view was of a dirt parking lot.

The TV was a very old tube type.

Only one washer and dryer worked and they were dirty.

Room Tip: Consider the main building especially if you need an elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 July 2013

This hotel was chosen based on price. When looking for a hotel near the Grand Canyon (even in February) the prices were astronomical. In addition, we could not find a pet friendly hotel. This motel is located about an hour away from the Grand Canyon, but it is worth the drive. The motel is no frills, and there is not much to look at but for $40 a night, I was ok with that. Upon entering the motel, we were greeted by the awesome front desk staff. The room does not offer much, but it was clean. The city is charming, and they claim to be the last town on Route 66. Driving around the town and down main street was great. They had an old school diner, as well as new and modern restaurants. The town felt very safe, and the police station is right down the street.

I would highly recommend staying at this motel. The price was great, and the town is adorable.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

Motel6s can be pretty bad given they are usually the cheapest place to stay. This location was very clean and quiet. The beds were on the hard side and both our rooms had a slight urine smell. Maybe that was because they take pets. Every day our room keys did not work. The staff was very nice. Staying in Williams was fun, although a drive to the grand canyon. I'd stay here again

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I have stayed in other Motel 6s, and this one is definitely the best. It didn't have that down at the heels look some of them have. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The motel is conveniently located just off I-40, close to the downtown area. The staff was welcoming. Absolutely no complaints.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Stayed one night and not one complaint. Room was big and CLEAN, staff is great and very accommodating. It is close to local restaurants and The Grand Canyon Railway that takes you to the Grand Canyon. Will stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Live4Hawaii
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Arrived after a very long drive through the mountains and some back country. Stopped at this Motel 6 by accident. Our reservation was for the Motel 6 a couple of blocks away. Because we liked the looks of this place we asked if we could stay here instead. I mentioned to the manager we passed the other Motel 6 and didn't like the looks of it from the outside. There were holes in the lumber trim and missing parts of the wood trim on the overhang above the office area. The manager said she was responsible for both motels and explained a truck (too tall) ran into the overhang at the other motel and also it was being refurshed but she had a room available for us at this one. She cancelled the reservation at the other motel for us. The room at this motel was very nice and clean but our room had an old TV that was blurry and I told her about that. I was told it would be replaced and I'm sure it was. It was our place for sleeping so the TV wasn't that important to us at the time. We would stay here again (it was at one time a Holiday Inn I understand). No future issues. Good place to stay.

Room Tip: Check out the operation of the TV if you're interested in watching TV.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank keystoneTexas
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I hadn't stayed in a Motel 6 for a few years and had experienced less than wonderful nights in a few Motel 6 units in the past. I was quite pleased to see the room at this particular property. While it wasn't lavish, which I certainly didn't expect, the room was large, reasonably equipped, and clean. There were no "creepy-crawly" visitors and no questionable spots on stains to be found. Maybe the recent sale of the Motel 6 to a new owner had caused the overall improvement of the chain. I hope so. They even have free Wi-Fi at this motel. I had understood Motel 6 was charging a small amount for it. After this experience I may start giving Motel 6 a second look when making travel plans.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple