Motel 6 Williams West - Grand Canyon
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
Average 3/5
All reviewsgrand canyonrooms are basictwo queen bedscomfortable stayplace to sleeproom was largeice machinefirst floorwould definitely stay here againstayed nightssouth rimsafewaylobbyhardwoodroutemotel6kathy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I understand that this is a Motel 6, so my expectations weren't super high, but given the awful false advertising on the internet by this place, it was a nasty surprise.
The manager was asleep, we had to bang on the door to get any attention. No rollaways. No breakfast.
The place was under renovation, and the workers were unbelievably rude and unnecessarily noisy. The room was bare, not so much of a problem, but there was evidence of previous forced entry on our door, and the doors leading to outside didn't even lock! So much for needing a key.
I would have said something, but the girl at the desk was literally hiding behind the counter to avoid doing work until another employee scolded her.
I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, at least not until the "renovations" were done.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights at this motel for our trip up to the Grand Canyon. This is definitely a no frills motel, which is pretty much what I expected from a Motel 6 that was $40 - $150 cheaper per night than other hotels I looked at in the area. The motel is currently under renovation. We had room 116, which had 2 beds with a table in between, 1 small round table, 2 wooden chairs, and a small TV mounted on the wall. The carpet had been removed and a nice laminate-type floor put it. There was no dresser, no clock, no fridge, no microwave, no coffee pot, no hair dryer, no iron, no pool, no gym, no complimentary toiletries (except 2 small bars of soap.) Apparently there is coffee inthe lobby in the morning, but no breakfast foods. After a long day at the Grand Canyon, all we wanted was a hot shower and a comfortable bed, which is just what we got. The only real complaint we had was that there is no sound insulation between the floors, and the people in the room above us apparently had some very rambunctious children.

This motel is very convenient to the Safeway grocery store. It is also a great location to walk down Route 66 to the shops, restaurants and the train.

If you are looking for a hotel with all of the modern amenities, this is not the motel for you. If you want a place to get a hot shower, sleep and watch a little TV, then this is OK. It's not the greatest motel I've ever stayed at, but I got what I expected for the price I paid.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank slhenry
Reviewed 9 June 2014

When we arrived, the entire hotel was under renovation. So it wasn't cosy at all. Our room wasn't renovated yet, but is was hardly necessary. Nevertheless, the place was OK for us because we used it only to rest our heads after two days Grand Canyon. The Grand Canyon is easily accessible from Williams. Within an hour you're there.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed for 1night while on the way to Grand canyon. Located in small town Williams on the famous Route 66 made our stay awesome. Plenty of shops,restaurants, motels and friendly people around its definitely worth stopping by. We stayed also in Motel 6 while in Sacramento and were never dissapointed. You get good service and nice rooms for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Pros: you cant beat it for the price, close to everything, major store Safeway and downtown

Cons:no amenities no shampoo in the rooms or at the desk, they did give me toothpaste ???? to wash my hair ??? over all it was a fine place to stay if you just want to sleep, clean and nothing fancy.
Pet friendly