“Bait and Switch”

Knights Inn Williams Near Grand Canyon
Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I called Knights Inn last night and talked to Andy/Andrew around 10:30 pm. I explained I had seen a price quoted on Priceline.com for $43 for a room with a KING size bed and asked if Knights Inn could meet that price if I booked direct. He told me sure thing and to call in the morning to make the reservation. I called at noon and spoke with him. He was really nice and said I could have the single king room for that price. At 4 pm a woman called me and told me he did not know what he was talking about and told me I would have to pay $59 plus tax for a room with two queen size beds. I asked since we had already made the reservation and I gave my credit card could she give me that room for the same price? It was a flat out no!!!!! So I told her I would look someplace else. In my world this is bad business practice. I would AVOID!!!

Room Tip: I did not stay because owner changed price.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jeff H

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Got the last room in the hotel. When I pulled back the covers to get into bed, there was a giant stain on the sheets approx. 3 feet in diameter. Phoned down to the front desk, and was brought up some new sheets that I had to put on the bed myself. Found the stain was on the top sheet as well, and through to the mattress pad. In the morning, asked for a partial refund and was offered $10 (that covered the produce I had put in the fridge which had frozen solid). I had to take the manager upstairs, with the housekeeper (the manager's mother), to show them the stains. The housekeeper insisted she had changed the sheets and didn't know how it could have happened. Totally unacceptable. Finally, after consulting with the owner (I suspect it was the manager's husband) I was given a $20 refund. Also, as others have mentioned, the breakfast was abysmal. First and last time I stay at a Knights Inn.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank vicki t
Reviewed 6 March 2013

The amenities advertised are a sham, especially the breakfast. Loads of good places around this place. If Grand Canyon is the reason you'd choose Williamd for, I suggest stay in lodges closer to Grand Canyon. There are motels 7 miles away from Canyon and they would for certain be better than this crap.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Asked for accessable room, got second floor room, no elevator. I am a disabled Veteran, wife is hearing impared & disabled. No coffee in room, no iron in room, TV was not close captioned, manager left to get a different TV and never returned. 6:30 AM "Breakfast" was ready at 6:45 AM. "Breakfast" was extremely weak coffee (terrible), then there were the mini chocolate donuts and mini muffins. The type you buy packaged at the grocery store. Right out of the refrigerator - ICE COLD! That was "breakfast?" The room was clean, there was a fridge and microwave. The bed was hard as a rock, but well made and clean. The price was low, it was right off the freeway and very easy to find.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Much like some of the other reviewers, we used this hotel as a stop on the way to the Grand Canyon. It's not that we felt physically threatened, but the hotel and the whole surrounding area are quite run-down, kind of like a ghost town. The carpet in the room felt like there were 4 layers of carpet. For breakfast there was only coffee and donuts and you had to get there very early to get anything at all!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thegreatlawn
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Very good value for money. Clean and comfortable room and bed. Nice friendly welcome
Breakfast could have been a bit more extensive but really for the price we paid for the motel it was not an issue.
Very good place as a base for Grand Canyon. 1 hr driving at most. Much cheaper than staying nearer the Canyon. Plus fun town to stay in with great Main Street.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DevizesCamper
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Very average accommodation, but great location for the Grand Canyon.
Rooms were clean enough with TV, air con (no coffee), wifi, etc. Quite dated.
Breakfast was not! It was coffee and small cakes! McDonalds across the road.
I think we saw a car in the car park that had been broken into as we were leaving, police and driver in discussions next to a car - but I cannot state this. The hotel is a bit remote from town and close to the freeway, and obviously patronised by visitors to the Grand Canyon.
Ten minute walk into Williams is worthwhile - it is a nice little town.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple