“great campground”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williams
Kaibab Lake Campground
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

While the lake level was very low the campground was lovely! Very well maintained and the camp hosts were really wonderful! I would recommend this site to anyone who is going to be in the Williams area!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank MHenke

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had a church camping trip here and I loved the place. The pine trees give great shade and are so tall that two of them actually came down with the high winds. Luckily nobody was injured. I went out on my mountain bike one day wish I had had more time to explore.

This place has a family type atmosphere and the staff were very helpful and available. There were a lot of people there but you really didn't notice. Can't wait to get back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank diamondback818
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My family camped here with several friends over Memorial Weekend this year. Our single sites were near the lake and were extremely spacious. We all had our own fire pit, grill, picnic table and lengthy drives for our cars. The sites were spread out enough so that you weren't having your privacy invaded by your neighbors. Pit toilets were clean (as clean as a pit toilet can be). All of the other campers were quiet and courteous. We liked it so much we booked the small group campsite and went again over Labor Day weekend. There were six families in our group and we all had plenty of space for our tents and gear with room to spare. There were four picnic tables, two fire pits and a grill, along with ample parking. The small group site was set far enough away from the other single sites that we never heard our neighbors, not even once. The section of forest this site is set in is absolutely gorgeous. There was so much space for the kids to run and play in the woods; it was almost like we had the forest to ourselves even though the campground was at full capacity. There is some faint train noise from Williams you may hear at night, but my family easily slept through it. The small group site is little more than a five minute walk to the lake. The lake is small and water level low, but that didn't stop us from fishing and hiking around the lake. It really is such a beautiful setting. I look forward to my return visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Klauswife
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

As I am writing this review I am sitting at site #12 at Kaibab Lake. Campground is spotless, sites are gigantic (you could put 3 long travel trailers in my spot), nice view of the lake, and the camp host went out of his way to accommodate my needs. I understand that the fishing is quite good- hope to find out later today. If you are traveling in the area you won't be disappointed. My wife and I will return.

• Stayed: August 2013
7  Thank jerrydevan
Reviewed 9 June 2013

No amenities are offered, but we really enjoyed our time here. We were back with nature and utilizing our environment to entertain us. We had fishing, boating, games, hiking and lots of peaceful relaxation. “Our campsite” was surrounded by large trees, which produced shade throughout the day. Campsites have some distance from each other, allowing for privacy. Camp hosts were friendly; our site was clean, level and included a campfire pit and table. Pull through sites were also available. Some of the better sites are first come, first served. But, you can now reserve a few online. We plan on returning every year. Dry camping at its best!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank TheHappyCampers227
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We just got back from 4 days camping at Kaibab Campground. We were tent camping. The campsite was large enough for our large tent.The vault toilets are very clean. I didnt even see a cobweb or bug in one. The camp host comes around several times a day and you can get firewood at the hosts site. Its is close to Williams in case you need something or if you just dont feel like cooking that day. We are going to go back next month for a week. My grandkids loved the open areas and the fishing dock although we only caught one little crappie. There is a fire pit in each campsite and some sites have a grill too. Plenty of room for more than one tent in our campsite. Our neighbors had three small tents in their campsite. I cant wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank flaglinda
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I can't believe I have lived at the Grand Canyon for 8 years ( 4 on the North Rim and 4 on the South Rim) and have never stayed there!! My husband and I met some friends there for a weekend June 2 and 3. Loved the camp site, pit toilets just up the hill with good cold water outside for drinking. The lake is really low, you can see where it used to be. Watching the Osprey fly around and catch fish was really great!! Also some reall neat black birds, don't know what they are but they were cool to look at. Fishing not so good, birds were doing better than the people, go figure!! Camp hosts were awsome. Only bad thing was fire restrictions. No campfire, no charcoal, and no smoking outside, but at this time of year in Arizona that is to be expected.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends