“Beautiful setting”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williams
Williams / Circle Pines KOA Campground
Phoenix, Arizona
“Beautiful setting”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Cirlcle Pines KOA is a very clean and pretty campground....right off of I 40 and backs to the forest. The campground is clean, the bathrooms and showers were kept clean and they have camping escorts around to help with anything. We had trouble unhitching and they helped us and then because we had a new trailer, they helped us with the dumping process. Very helpful and friendly. They have a tent area and cabins with a dishwashing station, store, laundry, and pool. They have activities for kids and bike riding station. A little cafe is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with hamburgers/camping type food with reasonalbe prices. We were able to get a AAA discount. Check out is 11 am with a fee after that and a full day charge after 1pm. The only negative is the highway noise, especially in the front of the campground which is where the tenting area is. We walked the whole campground several times and it seemed that you could hear the noise everywhere, even up in the nicer spots backing to the forest. Just kind of takes away from the nice woodsy setting. Bring earplugs if you are sensitive to this. Otherwise, a great campground with helpful and friendly staff....just what you expect from a KOA.

Room Tip: Get a spot towards the back of the campground if able, backing to the forest.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I have only stayed at two koas before, one I had a reservation, this one I did not so I was a "newbie" at late night registration. We arrived around 11pm and left at 2am...all we wanted as a safe place to rest for a bit and use of the wi fi and electricity. The wi fi password is only available when they are open. The jacuzzi was broken; even though it was past hours so I could not use it, I felt bad for the guests that could have. Also the soda machine was broken. I was charged $55 for my stay, an entire 3 hour stay which infuriates me. I feel I should have been given a discount, as non KOAs would have done. My only compliment is that the campsite, lodge, and grounds were very beautiful, lots of things offered during open hours.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank gemd123
Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We visit Circle Pines at least 5 times a summer---we really enjoy it. The one thing that does bother me, is the fact that they treat you like a first timer everytime we register. For the amount of time we visit, I would think they would say, "welcome back."
The I-40 is close, but earplugs at night work wonders. Most campers at this site are family appropriate during the evening hours. The site is so close to all other amenities and adventures.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Fairfield, California
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Dear KOA Campers,
I stayed on a special deal and I forgot to remind the office staff when I checked in. After staying for 6 days, the office staff and owner-Lori, was very nice in hearing me out.I thought that I would have to get ready for a battle---thinking they were not going to honor the special. Turns out I was wrong because they did. I was refunded the difference. What nice people here. Especially the owner. I am very happy and surprised by the nice owner Lori-who very kindly without any arguing gave me a refund for my stay based on the special that I forgot to announce when I arrived for check-in. Thank you again Lori.
----------------HAVE FUN & STAY HERE ! ---------------------
I am looking forward to my next stay at Circle Pines KOA. Here at this campground is fun onto itself. There are many things to do here alone; swim, hot tubbing, playgrounds, game-room with lots of games, rent DVD's and so much more!
Also, the awesome attractions surrounding this KOA is amazing. The office staff is nice in helping you gain information that you need in planning your trip to the Grand Canyons. I am going to make another trip here! Take my advice and stay here. You will have an memory of a lifetime.
Thank you Circle Pines KOA - Presidential Winner year after year!!

Room Tip: Sites 104 - 118 are awesome!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Christina T
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 6 September 2011

After a less than happy experience the first time around...we thought we'd give them another chance- they blew it we wont be back....this campground is noisy- I- 40 is right in front of koa which means most if not all sites will be effected by noise- but especially the ones in the front part of the round cicle of this facility, not to mention the train noise that is an ever constant in the Northern Az area...the campground is circlular hence it's name(look at a map of the campground online) but the roads inside are all gravel, not to mention the entire campground is slopped down toward the road (i-40) makes is difficult at best to get a nice level rv/trailer. We had advanced reservations for a site with electric and water and checked in FRIDAY early afternoon.. campground still pretty wide open at this point- they stuck us in the front row of the campground right in front by I-40...since we had stayed there (KOA) once before and knew the traffice noise could be a problem in this space (134) so we had asked to be moved tback o a different site upon check in. It was a holiday weekend and they told us they were full and their policy was to NOT MOVE PEOPLE AROUND. EVEN Though we were there checking in - physically in front of them.... they told us "we're entirely booked, those sites were assigned already to peolpe that were checking in but not until SAT...- well you guessed it, needless to say Saturday afternoon came - no people checked in --the 4 sites next to us were empty as well as many other sites in the park for that matter.. So- Hubby went up to again asked to be moved.. they said same thing.... "full, people assigned sites already, policy, holiday weekend"... blaa, blaa, blaa.... long story short- we asked a 3rd time to be moved ..and by 8p.m. SUNDAY night a few people had checked in to the 4 sites immediately beside us... the campground has several great ammenities--- but the lack of "customer oriented service"... means we will not be back. We gave them a second chance - they blew it- we wont be back.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank k c
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Our family of 2 adults, 2 teens, and a preschooler was excited about this campground because it seemed it had something for everyone with all the amenities listed on their KOA and Facebook page. We reserved a tent site over 2 months in advance, requesting one large enough for 2 tents. Upon check-in, they told us they had already assigned us a site and we couldn't choose, despite them not being full. The kid (maybe 15) who checked us in couldn't answer any of our questions about the amenities and activities. We arrived at the assigned site and found that it was half the size of the other sites and not large enough for 2 tents. After we complained, they let us switch. There were only two bathrooms and two showers for the whole half of the campground that had all the tent & kabin sites, not nearly enough. There were always lines of people waiting to use them and they got dirty and out of stock quickly. We used the pool the first day. The water was cloudy and we could not see the bottom. We tried to play mini golf one day but after paying and waiting a half hour for the equipment attendant who never came, we had to request a refund. The craft was tie-dye t-shirts for $15 each, too expensive for a family, as were the horses for $35/hour each. The family movies were shown on a 13-inch TV. There is a lot of interstate & train noise so bring ear plugs. We did enjoy the nice playground, hay ride, and live music (all free). The game room was nice but everything had a cost except checkers (air hockey cost $1). The setting is beautiful with tall pine trees and it was a nice 30 degrees cooler than our home in the valley. Overall, we were disappointed because we did not experienced what was advertised. My guess is this may be due to the ownership change since we'd made our reservation. $40 a night for a tent site is expensive, considering much of the amenities cost extra (and they charge extra for kids, sites are not a flat rate). Our family was disappointed enough that we went home a day early.
Bottom line: This is a pretty campground with great summer weather. Keep your expectations low for everything else,

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank LuvAZTravel
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 15 June 2011

We took 3 kids, 11, 12, & 13 to see the Grand Canyon and decided to stay at one of the lodges at Circle Pines, just one exit from the I-40 turn off to the GC. This was our first time at a KOA - but it won't be our last. We had a great time at Circle Pines. We stayed in one of their lodges and it was clean, spacious, comfortable, and quiet. There was so much to do there for the kids. They have an indoor, heated pool & spa, new playground equipment, miniature golf, volleyball, bicycle rental, mule rides, hiking paths, even an arcade room with pool table and air hockey. On Saturday nights they have live music. The Saturday night we were there they also had a BBQ rib special - the best ribs we have had in years!! The food at the Bear Cafe is outstanding. Definitely try the cinnamon rolls! Each of the lodges and cabins have their own fire pit, picnic table and porch swing. Great for s'mores. Campers with kids should also venture over to Bearizona and the Deer Farm, both nearby. The new owners are extremely helpful and doing so much to keep the site looking beautiful.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family