“Very nice cabin”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williams
Williams / Circle Pines KOA Campground
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed two nights at this KOA. We had a 2 room cabin that was clean, cool and really nice. We spend quality time on the front porch in the swing. We were able to walk to breakfast to the on site restaurant, which was very good. There are two KOA's in Williams, this one was the better of the two, in the trees whereas the other one is just on the side of the road headed to the Grand Canyon. We enjoyed our stay and loved seeing the Canyon.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were traveling with some friends - they had a camper while we rented a 1-room cabin. In my reservation, I'd asked to be as close to the restrooms as possible (the 1-room cabins have no bathroom) and received an email back that I would be. I guess my idea of "close" is different than theirs - made for some interesting middle of the night walks to the restroom. You can view the cabin floor plan on their website but be prepared for just how small it is. There were 4 of us and it got really cramped with all of us and our stuff - be ready for lots of togetherness! Most of our stay was during the week which was nice since it was less crowded but our last night there was on a weekend and we found ourselves waiting in line for the restrooms/showers. On the upside, the showers were free.

The campground is really well maintained. The staff was very friendly - and there's a lot for kids to do ( swimming pool, putt-putt, game room). We didn't eat at the cafe, but it looked really good. Store was well stocked, there's an on-site laundry if you need it.... and they have their own Elvis impersonator on the weekends. The campground backs up to the forest where cows roam freely and where you can go on a hike. Many have mentioned the fact that this campground is loud since it's off the freeway and across from the train tracks, which it is, but it really didn't bother us. It's a great location in between the Grand Canyon and Sedona, which were easy day trips.

I think my only real issue (and I know this sounds terrible since I'm not there for this reason) is the WiFi is REALLY, REALLY slow, so no unwinding at the end of all the camping, hiking, campfires etc. with the iPad. Yes....first world problems.

Overall, it was a good experience - would definitely recommend!

Room Tip: 1-room Kabins are very small. While they do sleep 4, you will definitely be on top of each other.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We really enjoyed our two night stay here while we visited the Grand Canyon. The pool and hot tubs are perfect after a days hiking and the excellent cafe saves you making dinner when you're too tired. The food was Great!! Only downside being in a tent was the traffic noise and the train horns going off through the night, but if you take ear plugs this problem is quickly solved. And the wifi reached right down to our tents! Over all we enjoyed our stay and would stay again if we ever travel this way.

Room Tip: take earplugs if you're in a tent to drown out the traffic noise, you won't notice it during...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The campsites were well maintained- loved the clean bathrooms and hot showers, but it is directly off of the freeway and the noise from trucks and nearby train running ALL NIGHT LONG kept us up! The mountain biking was good, saw lots of animals in the forest. Staff was helpful, lots of kids and dogs here, free wi-fi. Just stay somewhere else if you are a light sleeper.

Room Tip: Careful when choosing a tent site, several have NO shade at all
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank _megameg_1
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Me, my husband, and 4 other couples stayed at this KOA for three nights. It was my first time tent camping in years so I wasn't sure how I would do, but we ended up okay.
Pros- plenty of bathrooms and showers (also in close proximity), store was well-stocked, nice pool, outlets and water spouts at each site (can you tell I like the amenities?) Dogs were allowed and they were everywhere, which was great (love dogs!). We couldn't have a fire because of the fire restrictions but the staff said we could use a propane campfire, which they have available to rent so that was great. What's camping without a fire and smores?
Cons- not enough trees for shade (it being summer, it makes a difference), very close to the highway, train whistle goes off all day and night (kept us up the first night), loud guests at night (especially being put right next to a walkway), unlevel tent site,
Make sure to drive only as fast as the speed limit, which is 4 1/2 or you will be pulled over and told to slow down. Also, make sure to know which direction to drive in and out (which is marked only in your pamphlet not on the actual road) or you will be pulled over. We watched an Elvis impersonator the second night we were there. He was somewhat entertaining...the little girls loved him.
Williams was a perfect place to stay as it's in the middle of The Grand Canyon and Sedona, both places we drove too. We would probably stay again at this KOA but ask to pick our own tent site and will definitely bring our pup!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anna N
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Paid $895 for a month moved I on the 2nd of the month (just 30 amps) super crowded spots. Can barely accommodate a vehicle next to your RV. Forget it if you've got two. (In the first week we had several people bothering us night and day to move our cars out of the way. These people failed to mention that there are no refunds until we asked to move to a roomier spot. At which time the bald man in the office told us very rudely to go look at another spot and that he wasn't gonna hold it for us. The spot ended up being much smaller than the one we were already in. so then we requested a few specific sites & he said we would have to pay an extra $100 for the 50amp spot (It was the 15th of the month) I asked him is that the extra price for an entire month, he says... Uhhh yes. And then mumbled something about that was his only option (Probably because he didn't want to admit he was trying to rip us off) if you are or look young don't expect to get any respect from these folks especially the bald man. I think if you're paying near $1000 to stay somewhere you should feel at least respected.

Side notes: the pool is so full of kid pee that its not even a benefit. Not to mention this campground is one of the loudest I've been to. Just so crowded.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Camiseeta
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed Mother's Day Weekend, tent camping. The tent pad was unlevel, and I kept sliding downhill. We obviously could have resituated the tent, but that was the least discomfort. The sites are very small, and we were surrounded by loud children. The campground is literally a stone's throw from the interstate, and probably a quarter mile from a train. The trains did seem to keep quiet time, as I didn't notice any whistles after around midnight, but the trucks just kept rolling. The main discomfort was the yelling, crying children and babies, which is obviously not KOA's fault, but could they segregate the campers a little more?
The staff was very nice and we were escorted to our campsite by a host. The water in the shower took a minute to warm, but the showers were as clean as could be expected on a high traffic weekend. Toilets were also clean and well maintained, and were heated, which was nice as it was unseasonably cool when we were there.
The only other KOA I've stayed at was Devil's Tower, and, while i'm sure there were families with young children there, as it was near Summer Solstice, I never saw nor heard evidence of them. Most of my neighbors there were near my age, ie. middle, or were at least early 20s. I'm sure Williams could manage something similar if they tried.

Room Tip: if you are a sensitive sleeper, CHOOSE ANOTHER CAMPGROUND!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends