“Great choice for Williams, AZ”

Canyon Country Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Huntington Beach, California
“Great choice for Williams, AZ”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

My sister, cousin and I needed to spend one night in Williams, AZ on our way to the Grand Canyon and decided on the Canyon Country Inn B&B because we did not wanting to stay at the Rail Road Hotel as everyone else did (felt like we were being herded like cattle) and it did not include breakfast.
The Canyon Country Inn was clean, service was very good, most important the two queen size mattresses were firm! The room was large and roomy, all your lounging was done in your room, for the Inn does not have a general common room. You carry your breakfast on provided trays back to your room and eat on the dining table in your room.
Only minor complaint, there was no tissue boxes in the room - I should have ask for a box.
Breakfast was laid out promptly and plentiful, with fruits, bagels and cream cheese, yogurt, coffee, tea and much much more.
Highly recommend the Inn if you just want it for a night or two, it is right in town near all the shops and restaurants and bars (all 3 blocks worth).

Room Tip: This is a rail road town - use ear plugs if the 3 trains passing through before morning will wake yo...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 14 December 2012

A nice and cosy Bed & Breakfast in the heart of Williams. We enjoyed our 2-days-stay and liked our lovely decorated room. As we visited Williams at the end of November it was too cold to sit outside on the porch - unfortunately.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Ventura, California
Reviewed 20 November 2012

This Inn is located right in downtown Williams and in walking distance to everything in town. My room was small but clean and the bed was very comfortible. The bathroom was small but plenty of room for me. The breakfast was offered in the main office and was a continental style breakfast; muffins, banna's, do-nuts, etc. It's located right between the two main streets in town so there was some traffic noise but I never travel without ear plugs, so they took care of any noise. I really liked the decor, it made me feel like I was at grandma's house. I was very confortible and I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 November 2012

First I have to say the thing I loved most was the staff. The lady who serves the breakfast I think her name is Judy was so friendly and helpful. She answered all of my questions and helped me make my stay in Williams amazing. The cleaning lady was also very sweet we needed extra towels and she.ran down and got them for us. The decor is very cute it make you feel at home. Breakfast is served across the street, which was not bad just a short walk. The rooms are small but it is a BNB after all. I give it a 9!

• Stayed October 2012
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Enjoyed our stay ~ our room was a bit small but very clean and the bathroom facilities were also very clean. Quality for what we paid and was located the closest to the Grand Canyon North Rim without having to pay enormous lodging fees at other locations.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Bewdley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I stopped in this inn after a long drive from Las Vegas and was using it as a base to see the Grand Canyon.

There was plenty of parking by the inn and on the street outside. My room was on the second floor up a steep set of stairs. It was nicely decorated with wood flooring and a comfortable bed. One nice touch was a fridge. The bathroom was small, consisting of a bath/shower and toilet, with the washbasin in the room.

Wifi was supposed to be available, but I could not connect at any time.

Breakfast is served in the inn across the street and offers bagels, fruit and cereals.

I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We stayed one night in Canyon Country Inn. We arrived late after sunset and the first surprise was that the light switch did not work. We had to search in the dark for a lamp (there was no ceiling lamp) and realized that it was not plugged in. The next search was for a socket in the wall, which was hidden somewhere deep under the table, so finally thereafter we had light... :-)
The room was very small with a surprisingly big and nice bathroom. There was no closet, just four hangers at the wall. Everything looked very clean and well maintained.
The main reason I gave only three stars was the sleep quality: the bed was very soft and loud - every time I moved, it was squeaking. Furthermore our room was right next to the main road (route 66), which got slightly busy in the morning and the windows did not attenuate much of the noise.
The breakfast was very simple, continental (toast, bagels, jam, creme cheese, yogurt) - the usual standard.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family