“Extensive pie selection”

Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Cape May, New Jersey
“Extensive pie selection”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stopped at this restaurant because of all of the reviews that I read on trip advisor about how wonderful their pies were. This is a very nice family owed restaurant. It was clean and nicely decorated. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The restaurant seemed to be a favorite with the locals and had a very nice view of the main street. It has large windows and high ceilings which give it a light airy feel. The food was average diner food; nothing exceptional but good. They did have the most extensive list of pies I have ever seen in one restaurant. But I must say I was a bit disappointed. Everyone bragged on how wonderful their homemade pies were. My husband had the banana cream pie and I had baked pineapple coconut pie. The banana cream was mostly whipped cream. There weren't many bananas in the slice. It would have been an improvement if they put more bananas. I felt like they just wanted the slice to look large so they added a lot of cream to make it look big but because it was mostly cream it didn't have much flavor other then cream. The Pineapple coconut pie was a baked custard pie. The custard was a little over baked making it a bit dry. The coconut was a little black on the top. If they hadn't over cooked this pie it probably would have been very good. Having said that; since we made a special stop at this restaurant for their pie I was a bit disappointed so I gave it an average rating.

• Visited October 2013

Eureka Springs
“Average”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Everything about this place was average. The food, the service, the decor, even the pie: Average. There was nothing bad about it. It was just not special.

• Visited October 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Friendly service--mediocre food”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Very cheerful and clean restaurant. Very friendly and helpful staff. That being said, typical diner food. We were there for dinner and it was less than satisfying. Ordered a slice of cream pie--huge! My husband and I tasted it and we could only eat a few bites: the crust was tough; the whipped topping was just that--whipped topping; and the cream filling tasted as if it were out of a can. While the pie was likely hand-prepared, it certainly did not taste homemade. Perhaps a basic breakfast would be better as other reviews indicate?

• Visited November 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Better than All the Chains”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We ate breakfast here twice, and will do so again when we return. Their memorabilia, although sparse, is cool.

Visited September 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“Good price, good food”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I had there breakfast in February, I had it also in November. I guess that's the best recommendation!

Visited November 2013

Been to Pine Country Restaurant? Share your experiences!