“I Kissed A Camel!”

Grand Canyon Deer Farm
Ranked #4 of 37 things to do in Williams
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on a section of old Route 66, the Deer Farm is 10 acres of absolute animal wonderland. Walk a path around our park to view wallabies, llamas, mini cattle, bison, peacocks, & much more. Walk with deer, feed the deer right from your hands. Chat with a parrot, Mozart is a very entertaining cockatoo, Scarlet (a lilac crowned Amazon Parrot) a bit more shy, pet a goat, kiss a camel. You will have a blast here if you are an animal lover.
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Those were the first words from my teenager's mouth after taking the walking tour and seeing all the critters! Very friendly people and clean grounds! So glad we stopped!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"lots of fun"
"northern arizona"

Reviewed 10 August 2013

I just went to the Grand Canyon Deer Farm this past week and would have to say no, thank you I wasn't very impressed and I won't be visiting again. It smelled really bad there and it doesn't seem like it's a very clean place either. YUCK was really what I thought of after I fed the deer(s). And this honest assessment is coming from a true animal lover...
Basically, the Grand Canyon Deer Farm likens to a Roadside Zoo; whereas the owner's ability to make a profit, overshadows the well-being of the animals. Would I go back there? NO, thank you. : (

Reviewed 6 August 2013

To begin with, this attraction is expensive, but I don't mind a bit. If it was a couple of bucks less it would probably attract more people, and then it would be too crowded and ruin the fun for those willing to pay their $40 (for a family) to visit the farm. And boy, is it worth $40 if you have children.

Right now, the main attraction are the baby coatis. We were lucky to be there during feeding time, when they take them out to a small inclosure and they allow two people to be with them at the time. The baby coatis are not just the cutest thing in the world, but the coolest. They'll climb in you, walk all over you (arms, legs, head, back, they don't fall), and try to look in every hidden crevice (pockets and cleavage seem to be a favorite). I had as much fun as my daughters with them. Beware, though, the little critters are super fast and have no inhibitions.

The kids enjoyed feeding and petting the deer just as much, however. The deer they have are the smaller, spotted European kind. They are extremely friendly and tame. Put some feed in your hand and soon you'll have the herd following you.

The animals in the enclosures are not as much fun - you can't pet them unless they approach you but, as you can't feed them, that' s not always likely. The one exception is the camel. If you're lucky, one of the farm hands will give you some carrot. Put it in your mouth and the came will grab it and give you a " kiss" . Kids LOVED it. I didn't try it.

My kids also loved the adorable baby goat they keep in a playpen in the gift shop.

The workers were very nice, specially the older lady cleaning and feeding the animals.

As for the walkways. Some people are just whiners. They were in rough shape, sure, but it's a farm, for God's sakes! I do agree, however, that you should bring tons and tons and tons of quarter. 5 bucks worth, at least :-)

Pat G, Owner at Grand Canyon Deer Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

Glad you had a great visit. Just wanted to fix one comment. The baby "goat" in the playpen in the store were actually 2 baby wallabies. Perhaps you just saw the ears peaking out of the pouches. One is an albino bennett wallaby, the other a gray bennett wallaby.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to visit the Deer Farm on our way to Williams! We had a wonderful experience. The deer were super friendly and come right up to you! They also have babies right now including two beautiful baby wallabies and baby coatimundis. They were so adorable to watch and the owner even let me pet one! They also had a fawn and are expecting more. The staff was super friendly and went out of their way to show me around. The animals looked extremely well taken care of and healthy. The camel, Gracie, was an absolute doll. There is also a very friendly llama that likes to come up and nuzzle you. I was amazed by the variety of animals I found at the deer farm. The goats are super tame and very much enjoy being petted. Overall, we had an unforgettable experience and we will definitely come back to visit! I would definitely recommend this place!

I am so happy you liked our Deer Farm. The "kids" all of them are wonderful, and friendly. It is a treat to be able to interact with the animals, and I am glad you enjoyed them!

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 July 2013

No matter what deer farm I go to, I always get accosted by them trying to steal feed from me, whereas my husband gets left alone. This was the case at this deer farm but it's still lots of fun. I had to stick my food cup down my top so I could get away from them for a bit. I love animals so no matter how old you are, this is great place. Bring some desanitiser as you'll end up with getting a bit dirty from feeding the animals. I agree with other reviewers that it doesn't take long to go around and may not be good value for money but as we were doing Route 66, we went to all the attractions, no matter what they cost. I think you need to go there at least once.