“great experience”

Grand Canyon Deer Farm
Ranked #4 of 37 things to do in Williams
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on a section of old Route 66, the Deer Farm is 10 acres of absolute animal wonderland. Walk a path around our park to view wallabies, llamas, mini cattle, bison, peacocks, & much more. Walk with deer, feed the deer right from your hands. Chat with a parrot, Mozart is a very entertaining cockatoo, Scarlet (a lilac crowned Amazon Parrot) a bit more shy, pet a goat, kiss a camel. You will have a blast here if you are an animal lover.
phoenix
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great experience”
Reviewed 14 August 2008

Great value.Lots of fun.It had just rained and animals were still out and about and eager for visitors,Staff was very friendly.
You could really tell management truly cared about and for the animals.Gift shop prices were very reasonable.Grounds were well maintained and all animals appeared healthy and well taken of.The deer were very accustomed to visitors and the camel was extremely sweet. We will definitely be back and will highly recomend to friends and family.

1 Thank samanthacPhoenix

Walnut, CA
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 253 helpful votes
“Very cute!”
Reviewed 26 November 2007

Visited on Nov. 26, 2007. $7.50 / adult admission fee. Spent about 45 mins there only but it was fun, especially seeing all the little ones having fun playing with the animals. The farm is actually quite large.

1 Thank ariesgal
Los Angeles, CA
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“I felt like a Kid AGAIN!”
Reviewed 4 September 2007

This stop was an unplanned visit during our trip to the Grand Canyon. But after seeing the multiple ads, we were sucked in and for good reason. Immediately upon arrival, I was psyched to see a deer up-close. So there we were, hand-feeding the deers. This was definitely one of the highlights of our trip. I definitely suggest you make this part of your itinerary if you're ever in the neighborhood!

2 Thank acgskitee
A TripAdvisor Member
“Always a fun time”
Reviewed 6 May 2006

My family owns a cabin several miles from the Deer Farm, so we end up going there several times a year (used to be yearlong passholders before all the kids were in college). This is not just a petting zoo. Even now, at 23 years of age, I enjoy going there. I make a point to take any guests visiting me out to the Deer Farm. In addition to feeding the deer and goats, you can visit with Mozart, the talking parrot, a bison, reindeer, donkeys, rabbits, llamas, ponies, and wallabies! They also have a very elderly spider monkey, Otis, but he may have passed on by the time this post is read. If you are still not interested in all the animals, the second reason to visit the Deer Farm is the gift shop. I've spent a lot of time in Williams and Flagstaff, which are big tourist towns, and I still feel that the Deer Farm has the best gift shop in all of Arizona. There's the typical things like postcards, tshirts, stuffed animals, jewelry, Route 66 items and such, so if you want something touristy, they've got it. But they also have some of the most unique art items for sale; you can bring home a quality gift for someone that couldn't make your trip to AZ. On top of all this, I'm pretty sure that they are open every day of the year except for maybe Christmas and Thanksgiving, or something like that. This is a great place to stop by whether traveling on your way to the Canyon, or an NAU student looking for something to do on the weekends.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member