“Fun to watch”

Grand Canyon Deer Farm
Ranked #4 of 37 things to do in Williams
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on a section of old Route 66, the Deer Farm is 10 acres of absolute animal wonderland. Walk a path around our park to view wallabies, llamas, mini cattle, bison, peacocks, & much more. Walk with deer, feed the deer right from your hands. Chat with a parrot, Mozart is a very entertaining cockatoo, Scarlet (a lilac crowned Amazon Parrot) a bit more shy, pet a goat, kiss a camel. You will have a blast here if you are an animal lover.
Glendale, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun to watch”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I took my family to the Deer Farm the day we were leaving to head back home. It was fun to watch all the people, my wife and son included, getting overrun by the deer instantly upon stepping through the gates. SOme simple advise, don't wear anything you don't want the deer to chew on and prepare for your shoes to be filthy. They are regularly cleaning up after the deer but can't get it all.

1 Thank TheHilds

Paris, France
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“An incredible experience not to be missed”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We came with our kids a few years ago and they're young and didn't remember it so we brought them back a second time as well as our year and a half son. We were not disappointed. It's a great place. My son loved the deer and they were gentle with him, so this is definitely appropriate for toddlers. They have a talking parrot that was hilarious. We also pet the baby goats. We could only spend an hour there because we arrived late, I would have liked to have spent more time so plan ahead for more than 1 hour.

Visited August 2014
Carefree, Arizona
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A Photographers Dream!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We've been coming to Williams a lot over the past few years to visit family and have passed the sign for the Deer Farm. I really like to take animal photos but thinking there were ONLY deer did not pull me in. This summer I decided we'd go see what it was all about! OH BOY! There were all kinds of animals!! I took over 300 images! We all had such a great time and I'm letting everyone know that now, there's an extra attraction to go see when you plan to visit Williams, whether to catch the train to the Canyon, visit BEARIZONA, hike, or see the sights. No need to worry about fences getting in the way of your lens! Shoot away! You may want someone else feed the deer. If they see you have a cup of food, you'll never be able to reach your shutter!! Have FUN!!

Colorado
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 191 helpful votes
“it's cute, and we love it!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have been coming here for years also. The family just loves this place. You can see there is a lot of work that is done here with the animals. They are well taken care of. The staff was very informative when approached. It's like the animals are their friends!

The deer are the best part! They will follow you around for hours if you let them (of course, you have to have food in your hands).

Walking into the park is funny because right by the door are a couple of birds who will talke your head off. They are funnier than heck!

Everytime we come to Williams, we have to stop here! It's the Route 66 novelty also!!!

Visited June 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The best part was feeding the deers - the other attactions need some upgrading. The deer feeding was great! My son REALLY enjoyed it.