“Patio Seating - Live Music”
Review of Pancho Mcgillicuddy's - CLOSED

Pancho Mcgillicuddy's
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This was a great place to eat - enjoyed the live music as we sat in the patio area. The food was good - not as much of a variety as some mexican restaurants. The waitress was nice but service was a little on the slow side. Not a bad overall experience.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Spent the weekend in Williams, AZ with my family. Mexican restaurants are always first on my list. Unfortunately, McGillicuddy's should have been avoided. We were greeted warmly by the bartender upon entering and the hostess sat us right away and told us who our server would be.

As we looked at the server's drink station, we saw 5 waitresses and a busperson all huddled around an iPad watching a video. They were laughing and every once in a while would turn around to look at the customers. After 4 minutes I was ready to get up. Right at that time Angelica came to our table and looked at us. I was the first to say hi. She responded with a half-hearted greeting.

We paid $6 for two chip baskets and salsa. We didn't realize we were charged for the chips/salsa until we looked at the menu. I have never been to a Mexican restaurant where chips weren't free. Menu prices were about 15% higher than what you'd expect to pay. The food didn't warrant it. It was decent, but not worth the inflated price. Surrounding restaurants in Williams were not gouging like McGillicuddy's. During dinner my son asked for refills on his milk three times. Little did we know, we were charged $2/glass for the milk. A good server would point out that refills were not free. Angelica was not that good server.

Two more times during our dinner we saw the servers and busperson surround the iPad to watch additional video while existing customers and one new table waited. At one point the manager circulated the room and stopped at our table to ask how 'everything' was. I didn't feel like venting to her in front of my two children. I assume in time she'll learn of her customers' disappointment.

We are planning another trip to Williams next month but McGillicuddy's will not be on our list of stops.

1  Thank Steven K
Reviewed 11 November 2013

One of the best fresh Mexican food I have tasted!
They brew their own beer.
The service is good and friendly
Nadia helped us choosing the beer , you can even sample the beer before choosing , ask for Nadia she will help you
The guacamole is amazing
I took a taco salad and my husband fish taco . These are big portions
Would definetely go back again !

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Williams, Arizona is a great little town to visit if you’re in the vicinity of the Grand Canyon or Route 66, and Pancho McGillicuddy’s is a great bar to visit if you’re in town. For a Mexican theme with a twist, it was a great place to eat (and drink) after a day on the road.

The helpings were enormous. Seriously, our family of three could almost have survived just on the starter – a huge mound of fries with melted cheese and chillies. None of us even came close to finishing our main courses – beef burrito, vegetable fajitas or nachos – because the servings were enormous. But it’s not just about quantity – each of the meals tasted great, with plenty of flavour and a good bite. We also sampled several of the locally brewed beers, which were just the job.

Although it’s a big space, Pancho’s gave off a friendly atmosphere which was exemplified by our waitress, Melly. She greeted us with a cheery, genuine smile, and kept us laughing throughout the service. All in all, a great place to settle in for a warm night – just make sure you’re hungry!

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

First, the margaritas are great. But they come from a margarita machine, so they should be good. Next, the salsa us horrible!!!!! Of course I am from southern Arizona, along the border, so I get authentic salsa all the time. The stuff here is bland with no flavor. The chips were good tho.