“Ok food but poor customer service”

Red Raven Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Williams
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We stopped here for lunch on the way to Bearizona because of the great reviews. I ordered the hamburger which was average, but what made me angry is that I asked for no lettuce, tomato, onion or Russian dressing but to please add the herb mayo that I noticed was available on other dishes. When my burger came out there wasn't any herb mayo on it and the waitress didn't say anything about it. I asked her if she forgot the herb mayo and said no she couldn't give it to me and if I wanted it she would have to charge for a side of mayo .This is after I did not take the lettuce, tomato or onion or Russian dressing. Why didn't I get a credit for that if you are going to charge me for a dab of mayo? She then proceeded to bring to me a foil package of regular mayo and said I could have that. That was so tacky! My husband liked his sandwich and the dessert was the best part. I can't see any reason to go back here. They need to learn a little customer service.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,471)

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We went to this restaurant following TripAdvisor's recommendation. The place is ok. We did not have reservation but only had to wait five minutes to sit down. The staff is friendly and helpful. The food is OK, especially the meat dishes. Big portions, as expected! The only "but" is that the room does not have any private tables. Maybe they should consider to place room dividers, screens or even plants to create a more private atmosphere. Anyway, a good choice for Williams, on your way to the south gate of the Grand Canyon

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Taking the advise of the many positive reviews on this site, we ventured to the Red Raven for a family birthday dinner. We were staying the night in Williams after visiting Bearazona. Six of us ordered steak with a house salad. The salad was very fresh and crisp and the dressings were good also. Unfortunately, all the steaks were cooked incorrectly, missing the temperature requested. The 4 ribeyes were medium instead of medium rare. One rib eye was ordered charred medium rare with the servers assurance that the kitchen new what that was. It was served medium with no char. That may have been overlooked if it was not for the two bacon wrapped tenderloins that were served with rancid bacon which tainted the flavor of the steaks rendering them inedible. This was brought to the attention of the owner who's response was, "we are not very busy this time of year and do not use our product quickly enough". As for the steaks being cooked incorrectly, he said that his cooks always cooked them correctly.
Sorry, it is one thing to make a mistake, another to allow it and defend it. No offer of any sort was made in response to the complaints. It is obviuos the owner does not expect repeat bussiness.

1  Thank 9145over
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

We ate in this restaurant during a trip to the Grand Canyon. What a find! it is so worth the wait. I had the duck and my husband had the rib eye steak. It was the best ribeye he had ever had! And the tempura brocolini is to die for! Our waiter Troy was fantastic! He made our evening with hit wit and humor! We can't wait till we're at the Grand Canyon again to go back to the Red Raven!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed in Williams of two days during the recent government shutdown. I had done my homework and knew this restaurant is one I wanted to eat at. We were so glad we did. The rib eye steak was sooo good! Great wine selection! The owners daughter was our server and she was very good. Prices are goo also. I highly recommend the Red Raven.