“Excellent surprise.”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stayed overnight in Williams, really for sleep only, en route to the Grand Canyon. We arrived at 8:30 PM and were told by the front desk that most places close at 9, so we had better hurry. We rushed downtown, and our first choice was closing, so we went across the street to this place. This was fairly high-line food in a tourist trap town. Delicious sauces, quality provisions. I had a spicy shrimp pasta and my wife had salmon. Both were prepared deliciously, with a helpful and enthusiastic server. We liked this place a lot.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,471)

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We were happy with this find...nice atmosphere, prompt seating, good looking menu. I ordered a dish minus an ingredient, it was served after a considerable wait with the very ingredient I requested be omitted. Another long wait...my companion finished eating by the time I was served my meal. Seemed a popular place to eat...very busy.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Very good food! My Italian sausage bisque soup -- phenomenal! My girlfriend had a salad -- ok/nothing special. My Swordfish, was very well prepared, however it would have been much better if it was a higher grade of fish. Girlfriends paste-vegetable saute...good, but again -- nothing special.
Nice historic storefront on the main street. A good space, that needs some simple (affordable) decorating updates/improvements (Fluorescent light spilling/glaring into the dining room from the wait-station -- unnecessary!).
Also, the owner, who was seating people -- just stood-around all-night...looking pissed (-- for no reason -- business was very good). He really should have been socializing with his guests.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Spend two days in Williams and we found this small restaurant just down the street from where we were staying. Service was excellent and the pepper steak was cooked to perfection. Best meal I have had in northern Arizona (including Sedona)!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

A very nice place with really good food - we tried everything, beef, stew, fish, and all was great. The meat was super tender, the fish fresh and not over cooked. The style of the restaurant goes well with the Arizone Route 66 experience. We had to wait to get a table, but it was definitely worth it. We met some locals from Ashtown who also said that this was the best place in Williams. Don't doubt, it's great!

1  Thank LeendertVis