“Wish I hadn't...”

Best Western Plus Inn Of Williams
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Reviewed 10 September 2011

It wasn't awful but it was just okay. First, the water from the sink and shower is brown? Front desk said it was from monsoons but we really think they should tell you about brown water when you check in - not after your shower! Front desk staff didn't seem to care about our stay at all. No points given or any explanation. Bad view of parking lot from 1/2 the hotel. Not within walking distance of any restraunts or main street. Watch out if you're on the second floor - no elevator - no bellman! The only good thing was the continental breakfast - very nice. We usually stay at Best Westerns because they are "biker" friendly but there wasn't anything friendly here.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank memmt
BW_PLUS_of_Williams, Owner at Best Western Plus Inn Of Williams, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2012

We are truly sorry that your visit was so unpleasant and that as a Best Western Plus we fell short meeting, much less exceeding you expectations of your visit with us. The community water situation was no fault of ours, but we should have done a better job of explaining the situation to you and the other guests. We apologize for all the inconveniences of not being "Biker friendly" and will work to improve on that. Take care, and be safe in your journeys.
Sheryl Olson, Gen.Mgr./Owner

Write a ReviewReviews (1,765)

Reviewed 6 September 2011

Hi! There is a large 2-story room in the center of the hotel. Off to one side is a bar, and on the other side, a hotel. Righ in the middle was a man playing his heart away -- loudly Even with our door and window shut, we could hear him wailing away. Our door was third to the end; I pity the people whose rooms were nearer the middle. Why do some hotels insist on entertaining us LOUDLY, even if we don't want to be entertained? Our rooms should be quiet.

The rooms were tired -- furniture was garage sale chic.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Lepha

We are so sorry that our entertainment was so loud that it made your stay with us miserable. We did not intend for that to happen. We truly apologize for all your disturbances. We are in the process of upgrading our rooms and hope that you would consider staying with us again, and checking us out...for all the improvements? Again, we apologize. Respectfully, Sheryl Olson, General Manager/Owner

Reviewed 29 August 2011

Williams is the main place to stay as its 1 hour from The Grand Canyon and also on Route 66. So many motels and how to choose?

Being Best Western we went to the top of the range and walked in. We got a great price and stayed several days because we loved it so much. Initially we were disappointed we couldnt get accommodation at the Canyon, tried for months. On the day we were there we could have walked in and got accommodation! However it was so busy out there that is was great to come back to Williams, another oasis.

New hotel with suites set off the road in pine trees so there was no road or train noise.Our room was large with screened off living area. We again picnic-ed on great food from Safeway in a lovely cosy new space. It was cold when we were there in May, it was snowing however it was cosy inside with a big fire outside on the deck area.

It was very clean, great breakfast with eggs and waffles(which I cant eat but look amazing). It catered for families, couples and business as well. All staff were helpful as were guests trying to assist with their computer problems.

Unfortunately the internet was not working a problem in the majority of Best Westerns we have stayed in across the US and Canada. BW seriously need to look at their IT systems.Not good enough guys even though it is free.

However we could use the WiFi at Safeway in the carpark. Thank you Safeway and your service to ignorant Australians who can't find things was appreciated too. They had a great wine selection as well. Wonderful food an great wine in a cosy room after a long day of sightseeing.

They booked our helicopter flight, made recommendations which were great.

Recommendation.: Go to Sedona about 1 hour south as it is one of the most beautiful and amazing places I've been to; The Church on the Rock is a 'must see'.

I highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Ask to see a room if you walk in, front facing onto the trees was great.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AnnePicnictraveller

Thank you for taking your time to comment positively about our hotel. It is comments like yours that keep us improving our facility. We are extremely pleased that you will stay with us again. See you soon and be safe in your travels. Sheryl Olson, General Manager/Owner

Reviewed 28 August 2011

Great room. Reservation staff at the front desk was extremely nice and friendly. Nice outside Jacuzzi. The pool was a little green. Great bar and resturant on side. Free breakfast was great. I liked this hotel. For just my husband and I it was a great getaway. The only thing that I didnt like is the water smelled alittle funny. But thatcould be a city water issue.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank greer_girl33

So sorry for the community water situation...it was truly not our fault...and since, has been remedied. Thank you for all your nice comments and we are so glad that you enjoyed our facilities. Hope to see you on your return visit. Sheryl Olson, Gen. Mgr./Owner

Reviewed 23 August 2011

This hotel is not really worth the price. Our first room literally smelled like an animal had crawled under the bed, defecated itself, died, and then been left there to decay for weeks (it turns out the smell was probably coming from the fridge--I opened it for about half a second to inspect it and proceeded to stifle vomit). The front desk was kind and let us relocate rooms. However, changing rooms did not change the fact I think the entire town of Williams has some type of water issue. Our tap/bath water was undeniably yellow, smelled, and left a very unpleasant dry sensation when used to brush teeth. Google tells me that yellow water can be a result of iron leaking from the pipes into the water and is not "bad" but it smelled/tasted so strangely that I resorted to washing my face and brushing my teeth with bottled water. Even in restaurants in this town, the tap water we were served tasted unpleasant and at times, mossy.

The breakfast was decent--they had waffle irons, some pastries, bread, and eggs/sausages/biscuits etc. I did not get to try their restaurant for dinner as it was a bit overpriced. A short half-mile drive down the street from the hotel brings you to a populated touristy street with tourist shops and restaurants. The hotel is an easy drive of about 1 hour 15 minutes from the Grand Canyon.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cassie J

Thank you for all your comments and we truly apologize for your room and the smells that you had to endure. The community was experiencing water issues during your visit and that was not our fault, even thought we could have done a better job at communicating the situation to our guests. We did learn a lot from that situation for future mishaps. We are truly sorry for all your inconveniences and hope that this incident would not keep you from choosing Best Western's in your travels. Respectfully, Sheryl Olson, Gen.Mgr./Owner

Reviewed 14 August 2011

This is the best BW that I ever stayed in. We had a very large king room with a fridge. Plenty of space. They have a complimentary breakfast that includes scrambled eggs, sausage and make your own waffles. The jacuzzi was really nice. This place was clean too. It looks like it right next to the highway on the map but it is elevated a bit and you feel as it's a peaceful resort, and you're just 5 min from downtown. It is 2 floors and does not have elevator so if you have a problem with stairs ask for the 1st floor. I would not stay anywhere else in Williams. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kathy Y

Thank you for all your wonderful comments and hope that you stay with us again. Sheryl Olson, Gen. Mgr./Owner

Reviewed 12 August 2011

We stayed here for two nights just after we loved our stay at the Wayfarers Best Western in Kingsman, AZ (highly recommend) so perhaps this comparison is a bit unfair. The hotel told us when we checked in that the wi-fi was down and would be available the next day. It never came on during our 2 days there. We almost canceled at the time of check-in but the other hotels in the area we checked on were already booked and we would have lost our booking with this hotel. We decided to stay. The room was small and the service was poor. The breakfast was good but not as good as at the BW in Kingman. The pool was ok and the jacuzzi was nice and large. The lounge had music from 6-10PM. Fortunately, with kids, we were at the end of the hall so did not hear the music all evening. I expected a discount for our 2 day stay since we had no wi-fi the entire time but was never offered anything. We had wanted to use wi-fi to plan our days in the Grand Canyon. The one computer they had available to guests that had internet was almost always being used by guests so very hard to get access to it. Finding the entrance to the hotel can be difficult. And, the hotel is not located in the town of Williams. I would stay elsewhere if we were to return to the area.

One more thing that happened to us during our stay. The first night, in the middle of the night I was awoken to a cricket crawling on my arm. I didn't know what it was so I hit it hard and it landed on my pillow. I then knocked it off and killed it on my bed. My wife woke up and helped me clean it off the bed. We requested new sheets for our next night. When I reported this the next day the lady at the front desk was unsurprised and unapologetic and just stated that the heat brings the bugs into the hotel and that they do spray occasionally for bugs. Later, my kids saw a door propped open and told me that is how the bugs must get in. Never in my life have I had a bug crawl on my body while I was sleeping in a hotel room - and I have stayed at a number of hotels in various countries of the world. I was not impressed with this hotel and would not recommend it to others. I wrote to Best Western and told them this.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the lounge if you have kids needing to get to bed early
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Rob6594

We are so sorry and sincerely apologize for all your inconveniences during your visit with us and hope that this will not keep you from choosing Best Western's in your travels. We truly thank you for your comments, so that, we can improve our accommodations. Again, we are sorry for not meeting all your expectations. Sincerely, Sheryl Olson, Gen. Mgr./Owner