Decent bed and sleeping area
Out of the way a bit, not right in town-this is a good thing
nice outdoor fire pit and pool area
free but very simple breakfast, but still something there for most people.
day desk staff nice
Refrigerator in room
towels in great condition for a 3 star hotel
Near charming shopping route 66
Daryll the breakfast area manager/attendant
Night clerk the second night
Fragrance in rooms despite repeated discussions
denying they use fragrance
making me feel like it was "my fault"
dirty bathroom floor, tub, etc with other people's hair
checking in with minimal TP on the roll
We stayed here 2 nights because we were traveling home from Vegas later in the evening and wanted to spend a day at the grand canyon. I made numerous calls to the 800 reserv and also the hotel itself on the day of arrival and before. Wanted quiet room and no fragrance sprayed in it. No rug spray scent etc. Just normal cleaning. I was assured no such things were ever used and my room would be quiet.
Well on that issue when we arrived the room was in a quiet area away from the lobby and ice. So that is the quiet area. I appreciated ground floor and not lugging my stuff up the stairs as there is no elevator. The room had no fragrance, did smell a bit musty and the bathroom full of someone else's hair. I mean seriously. Clean your mop.
The beds were comfortable and seemed to have a thick foam like pad. No complaints on that. Actually the bed area was very nice for a 3 star hotel. Has a fridge. Loved that. The room a/c took forever to cool down and in Flagstaff area yet where it was a bit chilly at night even in July (hey, we're from south AZ). But honestly it was the noisiest a/c ever. Not normal white noise. Loud cycling and wake you up stuff.
They have a nice fire pit outside with gas fire. Very charming and you could sit around it and talk to others (though the only swimmers were people from cold country). Waitress drink service at night at the firepit too with some kids getting hot chocolate. Nice little inside bar area with I swear watered down alcohol. I always order the same thing and it was watery. Restaurant menu was interesting but very very expensive. Didn't eat there. But it smelled good. Bartender was nice guy. But the whole outdoors and bar closes at 10 pm. Maybe to keep things quieter.
Morning was very noisy there. Kids running the halls and doors slamming. But we were getting up anyway. I know they can't control that in this older hotel.
The free breakfast was nice to have but it is really not special It also ends at 9:30 so get up!!Frozen waffles you toast, bagels, biscuit and gravy, some scrambled eggs, the usual fare. I appreciated having some coffee and a little eggs, kids had cereal or pastry.
My problem here became serious when I returned that second night late after the canyon and dinner in town. My room reeked of fragrance. Sprayed all over the entryway by the bath. You couldn't even get to the bathroom or bedroom area without sucking it in directly and the whole room reeked. I thought I would die. Not exaggerating. I even went to the front desk and the poorly informed gentleman told me no one sprayed my room. They do not guarantee hypoallergenic rooms he says, they use "normal" cleaning products. I told him this is not a normal product and I don't need hypoallergenic but my asthma requires no perfumes or fragrance. He insisted no on sprayed the rug it is their cleaning products. NO IT'S NOT!!
Where's the hospital? I may need it. Yeah, an hour away in Flagstaff. I was already wheezing at that point. He told me they had no other rooms and I could check out and not be charged. Now, were am I going to go with 2 kids at 10 at night in Hooterville? Nowhere. He took a few dollars off the bill.
I had to start on steroids and spent the night doing the inhaler. I was miserable. The next morning I asked the maid in the hall about it. She said, "oh yes, we spray fragrance on the rugs and the maid who does your room uses a lot. I tell her it bothers my allergies too."
So the night guy (Adam ) either lied or is totally uninformed in his job. Gee thanks for the few dollar discount night guy!
The next day I told the young woman on check out. I was very upset at the breathing issue. She told me that obviously the person at check in did not make a communication to day cleaners about no fragrance. They should have. She was very nice and gave me slightly more discount. But that didn't save my lungs. I couldn't wait to leave and breathe.
Positive note is the young man who seems to run the breakfast area. A nice African-American gentleman I believe named Darryl. He was such a great host, attentive to all people, announcing well in advance he was going to be turning off "his" burners. He smiled, cleared tables and was generally on the ball restocking etc. A total asset to his company. Hey, give him Adams job!!
If it wasn't for the fragrance I would have given 4 stars, despite the dirty bathroom. But due to the serious health problem this caused me despite my repeated conversations and then telling me I was wrong. I can't give it 4 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Plus Inn of Williams is a full service hotel featuring 80 rooms with an elevator, a complimentary breakfast buffet, guest laundry on each floor, heated outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, relaxing fire pit, surrounded by beautiful mature landscape of forest. Included in our lobby area and marketplace is a full service Kachina Lounge, relaxing getaway with top shelf liquors, cordials, tap beer including local brews. In our Marketplace we proudly present Entertainment year-round. The Western View Steakhouse, is where our Locals celebrate special events, such as Birthdays, Anniversaries, and a gathering place of Friends, for a good time. The menu reflects an ambiance of relaxation while suggesting varieties of Steaks, Chicken choices, Lamb chops, Barbeque ribs, Seafood specials, Salads and Authentic Mexican entrees, of Nachos, Ceviche, Enchiladas, Tacos, Fajitas and more...yes meaning desserts. Just plan to stay, dine with us, use our amenities... and check it all out! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn of Williams reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Inn Of Williams Hotel Williams
- Best Western Hotel Williams
- Best Western Williams
- Williams Best Western