“not new but clean and has what you need”

American Regency Inn
Ranked #29 of 30 Hotels in Williams
minnesota
“not new but clean and has what you need”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

stayed here on a road trip through new mexico, arizona, utah and this motel was the best deal I had, I think! the rooms are old and not fancy by any means, but very clean, and you get microwave, fridge and internet which about covers it for me. park your car right outside the door for easy access. ice machine is outside but that is no problem. yes, lobby was a bit odorous (food smell from managers quarters) but I don't spend any time in the lobby so that didn't matter. Price was right!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
South Lake Tahoe, California, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights to have a launch pad to the Grand Canyon...I originally booked it because I thought it was the other "rodeway inn" that scored 4/29..;/

But it was clean, housekeeping was good, and the unit had been repainted and some remodeling had occurred.
Positives
1. very quiet
2. good price
3. walking distance to the train up to the Grand Canyon!

Negatives
1. Room was small
2.Beds were a little soft (worn)

All in all I would do it again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Kent
Reviewed 14 April 2013

From the outside it almost looked abandoned. Had to go across the. Street to check in. The outside had the appearance of cheap roadside motel. However, when we opened the door we were surprised at.how nicely it was appointed. Very small room, but bed was very comfortable, modern pictures on the wall, great pillows. We were pleased!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Littlefield, Texas
Reviewed 10 April 2013

After comming from vegas, stopped with family to see Grand Canyon. Very neat town great little steak house across street for supper and breakfast. The motel however I would stay away from. Same expericence for me as other reviews Lobby area stunk very bad, rooms are not good at all. If I was there again I would find another motel or go to next town. Save your money and time do not stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Williams hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Staggering rude manager. Absolutely abysmal rooms. Total [--]. Avoid like the plague. Reception smells like mouldy mothballs and the rooms are no better. You would get a better nights sleep on the back of the horse cart that goes up and down Route 66.

• Stayed April 2012
Perry, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I love choice hotels but is motel/hotel is the worst place ever. They have roll up carpet outside every room. The guy that check us in suck and smelled like pot and the lobby smelled like beer. When we entered the room it smelled like perfume+smoke. The beds are just plain not comfy and its like a water bed when you lay on it. I went to the guy that check us in to cancel and refund the money because first the hotel is ugly and old and the bathroom is dirty and the guy said I can't so i ask if his manger was there but he said no so I went across the street to the other rodeway to see who's the manger was and the lady said they both own by the same manger and I said can I see your manger and she said I'm the manger and I told her everything and she said ill give you a free room at the rodeway inn and suites.

DO NOT STAY HERE IM WARNING EVERYONE WHO READS THIS REVIEW. STAY AT RODEWAY INN AND SUITES.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We booked this hotel on line as a 2 star hotel. I would give it half a star. We were mislead by reading online reviews. It is very confusing to have two hotels a block apart with basically the same name. Seems like reviewers confuse the two. The one at 201 E RT 66 looks clean, renovated and well kept. The one 334 E RT 66 needs a very major overhaul (there was a roll of carpet sitting outside some of the rooms)as well as better lighting. This is the worst room we have seen in all our travels. When we asked about the complimentary breakfast, we were told it would be coffee and a donut. Neither my husband, myself nor either of our 2 kids would stay here after looking at the room we were assigned. The innkeeper said he would return our prepayment and then told our booking company it was non-refundable. We ended up paying for another hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!