“Mold, dried bagels, toilet back-ups, management lies”

American Regency Inn
Ranked #29 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Our 3 night stay began with a TV not working which they were going to replace and never did. This was followed by finding a large spider and mold in the shower. The spider could happen anywhere but the mold in Arizona should NOT be an issue! We should also have been worried about a toilet not flushing properly when we saw the plunger in the bathroom. And of course, we had toilet issues. The next issue involved dried out bagels at the continental breakfast. We stuck it our for 3 nights but would never stay there again. We have had many other Rodeway Inn stays that have been wonderful. The final straw was when I discovered they had said that we canceled our stay with Choicehotels.com. I'm sure they did this because I wrote a complaint. Then they said they would send a receipt so I could get this stay added back on with choicehotels.com but never followed though on that as well. We stayed there in June of 2012 and I'm just now getting the review done and I'm still angry with the management at Rodeway Inn at Route 66 saying one thing and not following through.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandy0158

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Considering this was a last minute decision to go to the Grand Canyon on Labor Day weekend, and every other place was either sold out or charging $250 a night, we were lucky.

All the previously mentioned appearance, maintenance and cleanliness issues remained. But I must counter the negative comments about Alex and his staff which appears to be only his wife, and parents.

They all were pleasant to us, never rude. Alex went out of his way on his own to replace the uncomfortable chairs in the room. And when needed he willingly brought a replacement light bulb and made sure it worked.

Best thing about the property is "location, location, location". An easy drive to the Grand Canyon and Flagstaff. Within walking distance of many restaurants, and if you want Route 66 memoabilia or pictures, it's every where. The corny nightly "wild west show" occurs right in front.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2013

First, there are 2 Rodeway Inns in Williams. The other is larger and renovated. This is the smaller one as you travel east through town on 66. It's only about a half mile from the center of the historic district. It's an older, single level motel with smaller rooms and dated furniture and bedding. There was a fridge, microwave, satellite TV and wi-fi but I only stayed one night on a pass through so I didn't use any of these. Williams is at a high elevation so I didn't need the air conditioner. But there was one. I assume the heater will work in the winter. The mini breakfast, which you can do without, is in a separate unmarked room (shed). You have to ask or you won't know. A strange man wanders the parking lot in the morning and seems to monitor guests checking out. He even will take your key card and return it to the office. He claims he does this for free. Then he asks for a tip. Don't stay here if this behavior bothers you.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2013

As a choice privileges member we have stayed in quite a few of their properties during this trip and overall have been happy, until we stayed here! It has a good location and the young man who checked us in was pleasant & helpful but that is where the positives end. The older man who appeared to be running the place was rude and extremely unhelpful and unpleasant and not just to us. We spoke to two other lots of travellers who were not happy and we witnessed this same man being extremely rude to a mother and her young son.

When we asked for teabags in the breakfast room we were abruptly told you only get coffee and you couldn't use the ones in your room because there wasn't any. The jam for the toast looked & tasted like it had been there for years, along with the bread. We stayed for two nights so on the second morning we walked across the street and paid for breakfast.

The towels where threadbare and in one case had holes in them and the sheets smelt like they hadn't been washed.

I am very sorry I didn't read the reviews before.

Choice privileges should reassess this property,

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danni S
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I am retired military and have always felt I could live anywhere under any conditions but this place really tested me. The room was small which was OK but the incense smell was overpowering. The rug is in dire need of shampooing and the comforters should be replaced immediately. Never did find a phone so we couldn't call our fellow travellers. Alex, the manager, appeared to be the only one on the premises that speaks English. Advertising that this place serves a Continental Breakfast, on the marquee, is the biggest stretch of truthfullness that I have eperienced in many years. Bread, muffins, cereal, watery coffee, and OJ. I didn't dare put milk in my coffee after opening the jelly package and it had the consistency of warm rubber - -it was impossible to get any out of the package. Too expensive for whatyou (don't) get.

Room Tip: Don't confuse this with the Rodeway Downtowner across the street!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank CaptainS7662
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Our family of four stayed one night here while visiting the Grand Canyon. I'm a Hampton Inn loyal and always shy away from staying at "motels" but this place was amazing. Right in the city center. We walked to dinner and my kids said they felt like we were in the movie Cars. The motel feel ended when we opened the door to our room. It was beautifully decorated and very comfortable. The only negative I can think of is that the railroad tracks are really close. If you're a light sleeper they may bother you but it didn't bother us at all.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I had to book the last room available during the sold out Fourth of July weekend and it's not cheap for $150 a night. Ouch. No choice but lowered my expectation quite a bit after reading all the review here go hopped on the car and go.
Good things: location in town on historic route 66, walking distance to everything here, the Wild West show at 7 pm is just a few steps down on the street. Steakhouse across the street. Should walk around and explore this fun historic little town with many fun restaurants and giftshops.
Park your car and walk into your room. Good free WI-FI. A/C worked fine. Hot water is fine. Flatscreen TV with direcTV multi channels for kids. Everythign is small but there is a bath tub, small fridge, small microwave and coffee maker, small round table with 2 chairs, 2 small queen? beds. Yes, 3 medium towels, but you can request more. Just ask. Complimentary very basic continental breakfast with toast and blueberry muffins, Cheerios and bran cereal, butter and jelly, coffee, bland OJ and kind of water-milk. At least the toaster worked. I didn't see hair on the bed but assume that staff will get you the new ? blanket/line if asked.
Not So Good things: Bouncy bed, old small room, Need more update and upkeep. Staff appeared not helpful and not available.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family