“A little rundown place to stay the night”

Americas Best Value Inn - Williams / Grand Canyon
Ranked #18 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Came through town late one evening to go to the Grand Canyon in the morning and was able to book this with my points on my phone. We came in about 9pm and they apparently don't have a person sitting at the desk all night so you have to ring a bell. Looks like they are remodeling the office area, so looking through the window I was thinking I was in the wrong spot or they were closed for good but a man did come out after a bit of a wait and buzzed me in. He took my information and gave me my keys and pointed to where my room was. I'm not saying he was "short" with me but he was certainly wanting to get back to doing something else. I was pleased to see the heater was on in the room as it was in the teens outside and at least the area by the heater was warm. The bathroom was set up oddly and it was very cold back in there. The building is very old and kinda run down but we were only staying a few hours and were out of there early to catch the sun rise in the Grand Canyon so it was OK I was not too thrilled with the fact the place cost more points than others that I have stayed at that were WAY nicer. I did have to call the front desk guy back to get the code for the internet since he never gave me that information at check in and we were unable to log in. The heater was right under the window and it was hard to keep the curtains from flying open so I had to rig it so they didn't since my bed was right by the window and being two ladies alone its not like I want someone watching me sleep or to wake up with anyone looking at me. We didn't stick around for breakfast so cannot say much on that subject but the carpets were dirty thats for sure, so I didn't take my shoes off in the room and the concrete bathroom with window was kinda creepy and cold. When we checked out in the morning again no one was at the desk and they just had a drop box for keys hanging by door. I was a bit disappointed in the customer service of this location and probably would try another one within my hotel chain to use my points just based on customer service alone.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peppertaz

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Help was helpful stay was great price was good. Room was clean t v didn't, work they took care of the problem
.. close to a great cafe. Close to train depot.parking was easy. The morning breakfest was very good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed there two nights. We enjoyed it being close to the grand canyon and close to old route 66. The people in the town and hotel were all very nice to us. I would stay there again, but could use some minor updating in the rooms.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The room was very, very small. However is was clean. There was only my husband and myself in this room and we were tripping over each other in this room for the short time we were in this room. The table and 2 chairs smashed up against the old heater and the the bed were difficult to use and maneuver around. The rather tall wall unit heater that looked like a furnace was very loud and was hot to the touch. I am glad we did not have small children in the room with us for fear of them touching this unit. We choose to be a little cooler to sleep rather to have the rattling noise keep us awake all night. At 8:50 a.m. as I was just exiting the shower, housekeeping is already knocking on the door. When attempting to use the blow dryer, it shorted out and fried. Then there was breakfast.... which is a little cold room off to the side of the rooms. Do not expect to really eat anything here except for toast, with a jar of peanut butter left on the counter and some cold cereal. There was not even a microwave in the breakfast room for guests to use. I would not recommend this hotel as a first choice. There are many other hotels in the area. Other than the room itself was clean and it was a convenient location it does not have much to offer. The price for the room seems high for the quality you actually receive.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I did sleep like a baby. The place looked like it was remodeled recently. But could have used more attention to detail. The sink in the bath room was just some particleboard holing up the sink.
The location and the front counter person was great and familiar with the aria of where to go eat late at night. Not much noise heard from the other rooms as we were on the first floor. Over all it was comfortable and clean

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I'm not sure why there are so many bad reviews for this hotel. It is a great location if you are going to the Grand Canyon and the price was right. The room was updated (new bathroom, floors, etc.), the beds were decent and the manager was very friendly. I have no complaints at all.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed here for one night on the way to the Grand Canyon. We wanted to stay in Holbroook, AZ at the Wigwam Motel (heard it is a great experience) but we didn't want to stay so far away from the Grand Canyon. When I called to book a room in Williams to sleep in a CABOOSE, they were booked up. Call ahead of time and you can have the cool experience. Econo Lodge in Williams is very small rooms and bathrooms are nasty. The door wouldn't even shut on the bathroom. The bed linens were clean but didn't want to take off my shoes until I climbed in the bed. I have seen worse but for $100 it was pitiful.

Room Tip: Tons of hotels in Williams, but pricey because of the location to Grand Canyon. Book Ahead!