“Good choice/fair price for tourist destination”

Howard Johnson Express Inn - Williams
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Blue Ridge Mts., Virginia
“Good choice/fair price for tourist destination”
Reviewed 15 August 2009

Hotel is within walking distance of town center and several good restaurants. Room was clean and comfortable. Price ($80) was on the low end of what was available in Grand Canyon area. Allow an hour to get to Grand Canyon activities.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
denver
Reviewed 16 July 2009

first of all, our reservation was for 2 rooms with 2 double beds in each. when we arrived, all they had was 2 rooms with a king size bed in each. we had 6 people total, do the math. but it was late and the clerk found us two roll-away beds. even though we had non-smoking rooms, the rooms directly across the hall were smoking and you could smell the smoke everywhere, plus, there was a group of teenagers hanging out and smoking in the stairwell. then the toilet clogged in one of the rooms and when we called the front desk, they told us we would have to come up there to get a plunger. nice. don't stay here, not ever.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank yamamama1598

Travellers are raving about these Williams hotels

CA
Reviewed 8 July 2009

We booked the hotel with Hotwire but the manager forced us to pay very more money when we arrived at the hotel and we had to pay it.
there wasn,t any good breakfast, just some cakes and coffee and there wasn,t any chair or table to seat and eat breakfast.
Inside the hotel wasn,t clean.
We were disappointed by that situation.
I would definitely call the Hotwire and they have to return our money back to us.
I don,t know who wrote the Nice!!! review for this hotel, but I,m sure they are the people who run this hotel. Don,t trust them.
Many people like us came there and they were really disappointed too.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank sozy
tucson
Reviewed 11 May 2009

We booked before we even checked trip advisor. I will never book without using trip advisor anymore. However, the folks who run the motel were very pleasant. They are a different culture so some folks might not get it. However, the first time I ever left anything a a room was this visit. We left the charger to our cell phone. They promptly checked the room and said they were mailing it today and we need to send a check for $10.00. This is very fair. The buffet was kind of funny. We have gone to lots of motels with the waffle machine. It is really good and fun to do. They would not leave the Pam out for guests. They said you only need to do it once and it would last 4 hours. Well, not true. It was constantly getting stuck. But it was just funny. The motel is not a luxury hotel, but was clean and quiet. We even had a bunch of motorcyclist staying there and heard no noise. It is a really fun town and very nostalgic being on Route 66.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cindy635
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 11 December 2008

This was nothing extraordinary about this hotel….Either good or bad. It was clean, warm. The staff that I met seemed to be very friendly.

We were only there for a few hours and were very tired. It did exactly what we needed. A clean warm room and hot shower as we headed off the next morning for more of our journey.

• Liked — Cleaniness, room size and staff.
  • Disliked — No opinion on anything bad.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank moncherrie
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed 30 July 2008

I stayed in this run down HoJo's for one night. After paying $129 on Friday night I was looking for a lower rate for Saturday night and stopped by the Howard Johnson's to check the rate. I was told yes, they had vacancy and the rate was $99. Since the proprietor speaks heavily accented English I made sure there was no misunderstanding about the rate and that we both understood each other. I signed the credit card receipt for $99 plus tax and left the next day. When I got my credit card bill I found a charge of $179.59 from the Howard Johnson's in Williams. Upon calling to resolve the situation the quite nasty manager told me the rate was $159 plus tax, told me he had my signature on the receipt, and called me a few nasty names for "trying to rob" him. All this while I was holding my original receipt in my hand while on the phone with him. I'd suggest anyone staying at this place pay in cash and hide your valuables while there.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rainman1949
Arizona
Reviewed 28 July 2008

We stayed in one of the rooms downstairs facing the rear of the building , upon arrival we noticed that our window latch was broken and a small stick was put in the window railing to prevent it from being opened. We went to the front desk and advised the people that we needed another stick that was longer to prevent the window from sliding , We were given a mop stick, which was almost the width of a baseball bat. The manger wasn't there so we told the kid that we would come back the next morning, we then spoke to an older gentleman and told him about the problem , he wouldn't pay attention and kept giving us coupons to the Imax theatre until my husband told him we would like to leave a note for the Manager , that gentleman told us he would give the note to the manager and that he assured we could get another room or the window fixed. That same evening we returned to the room noticed a shorter stick but had some thickness was placed on the window. once again we went to the front desk to find the manager then,he assured us that he could give us keys to another room in the morning and to trust him that nothing ever happens in Williams and that we would be safe, so he then left our room. Long story short the next morning there was no room and he wanted us to leave our room key and would have one room ready when we returned later that day, Mind you he yelled at us and told us he never said he would give us a key unitl the evening , and by this time all of his family was there .We said no and would keep the room we were in , Mind you all this time we took our baggage with us everywhere we went .
I don't recommend this hotel at all, i think I would rather sleep in the car .There was a weird pickle smell in the front office and the other rooms smelled of smoke. We were not happy. The breakfast was just cereal. The hotel was pretty creepy too.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank hikerchic78