“Great location for visiting Grand Canyon or Sedona”

Ramada Williams/Grand Canyon Area
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Great staff on reception. Lovely clean, quiet room. A little disappointed with service in the restaurant in the evening - waiter didn't come to check whether everything was ok, had to get up and ask for missing item. Don't miss a visit to Sedona - absolutely beautiful.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank welshman26

Reviewed 29 July 2011

I'm not a particularly picky person when it comes to hotels at a remote location. This hotel meets my needs in most places, it's even got a pool. The beds are nice and comes with a set of firm and soft pillows, the shower head has three modes of operations and plenty of water pressure. However, I do have a major complain, the tap water here is yellow and smells like it's from a rusted furnace. Even the toilet flush water has this problem, which leads me to believe this may be a local water supply problem. Either way, the water is strong enough to dye our tooth brush yellow after one use. Definitively not drinkable either. I would avoid this place if I can.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 23 July 2011

This was by far the best hotel on our vacation (well, if you don't count the houseboat on Lake Powell : ) We got the room with an attached room for the kids--3 beds total. Purchased the room on line for best price. Nice pool, Great restaurant (not just the cheesy hotel restaurant) free coffee and popcorn, down duvets that are washed, not the nasty bedspreads that never get washed...plenty of parking, even if you are towing a boat or RV. Highly recommend. Pet friendly.

Reviewed 19 July 2011

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE! 1st of all, I have never been in a hotel that DID NOT have an elevator!! We had to lug our heavy suitcases up by ourselves! My hubby 11 & 15 year old stayed here for 3 (miserable)nights! I believe the 1st room we had was 249. This was a suite and it was located on the interior of the building on the 2nd floor. It had a window that looked into an interior courtyard that was no bigger then say 10'x15', in other words, small. This little area is designated as a "smoking" area....I did not know this until the 1st evening when I was waiting for the kids to get ready to go to pool, our room started to have a nice smokey aroma to it! When I took the kids down to the pool, I went to complain to the front desk but NO ONE was there! So, we went on to the pool...after the pool, I went to complain again, but this time the lobby was filled with people checking in, so I went on my way and figured I would just do it the next day. Also, that 1st night we had noticed how hot our room was and that even after hours of running the air conditioning during the night it NEVER cooled down! After the next day we concluded that was probably becuase of all the smoke clogging it! Our bathroom was gross, it had a urine smell to it and there was so much filth in the shower/tub and the dust around the top of the shower was disgusting! Even if you never wiped along the edge you would think it would not be growing OVER the edge as it was if you were even wiping just the walls. GROSS! So the next morning, the smoke smell seemed to be gone, we left w/o complaining, I felt it's a new day, let's just be on our way and maybe tonight will be better. Got back in the evening, walked into a smoke filled room again. this time I went to complain and was going to wait if I had to. The girl at desk said there was nothing she could do and I would have to wait the next morning to talk to a manager. After having a hard time falling asleep becuase of how bad the smoke smell was, the next morning I finally got the manager, I was so mad that we had just spent to smoke filled evenings in the room. I told her that when I checked in, they make me sign a paper stating that if I was to "smoke" in the room that I would have to pay a $200 fee! So I said it would be fair for you to pay ME the $200 per night (or in other words just give me the last 2 nights for free since they were less then $200) since you put me in a room that was technically a "smoking" room with the smoke billowing on throught the ac! She said she would only give me 1 night free becuase I did not actually come and complain the 1st night! I told her the reason why I ended up not complaining the 1st night and she insisted that was not good enough. I felt she was calling me a lier at that point! I even called the holiday inn corporate and they just let her handle it and did not care what was going on or that I said she was not even listening to the complaint. She even said I could leave if I don't like it!! Well, in all honesty, In Williams, Az, there is no other hotel unless we picked a little dinky old place with no pool...so we felt stuck, and then I realized she knew it and that's why she treated us like crap! We ended up with a different room and the ac worked in this one, probably because there was no smokers below it. This bathroom smelled of Urine as well and you could see dripped staines on the walls and tiles around the whole bathroom. I told the manager of this the next morning and she looked at me and said "oh please, your just saying that!" ......We stayed in 15 hotels during our 3 week trip to the west, we stayed in different chain hotels and non-chain, This holiday inn and the 2 holiday inn expresses we stayed at were by far the WORST expierience. We have concluded that we would NEVER stay in any holiday inn again EVER! Oh, and the washer and dryers were filthy and so was the pool area. At one point there were no pool towels and the dirty bins were overflowing all over the floor!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank travelgnome2011
Reviewed 13 July 2011

This place was clean, easy to find, quiet. A great bed, good quality sheets. The room seemed recently redone. We stayed there just before we hiked the canyon, so we really wanted to get a good night's sleep - and we did. It was honestly perfect. Don't be afraid of bad reviews, its a great place. It was also a really big room - a lot of space for us to pack our backpacks before our trek!

Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2011

This is what I get for not checking the reviews and booking through the website. Figured this Holiday Inn would meet the Intercontinental brand name so didn't even second guess it. This Holiday Inn didn't even come close to the high standards that the Intercontinental brand name personifies. Let me quantify.

We stayed here on the 4th of July after visiting the Grand Canyon. I got a single room with a king bed and everything was good to go with this accommodation (nothing grand but okay). The problem was with the suite I reserved for my wife's daughter and her family. The room was a little warm as the AC was off when they arrived but turned it on and left for dinner downstairs at Doc Holiday's Steakhouse (I'll talk about that later). After dinner the room was still warm. One problem with the room setup is the bedroom with the queen beds are separated by a wall from the living room with the sofa and AC unit. So cold air (mildly cool air in this case) does not blow directly into the bedroom and there are no windows to open in the bedroom. Daughter went to the reception desk to see if there were fans they could put in the room but they did not have any. Asked if there was another room available but was informed no more suites were available. So their sleep was an extremely discomforting and agonizing one. Her husband tried sleeping at the foot of the bed to try and get a wisp of air that made it around the dividing wall but that was futile. We also presumed the sofa in the living room would be a sofa bed for one of the kids to sleep on but guessed wrong and he had to rough it out on the hard short sofa but at least he had direct contact to the mild cool air. I almost forgot, someone burned popcorn in a room nearby and they had to deal with that God awful smell to boot! About 1 am in the morning they heard a staff member in the hallway and they talked to them again about the situation, but they said no maintenance staff was on duty being the 4th and were sorry.

The staff was very apologetic and gave them $40 in coupons to the restaurant for breakfast and added priority club points back to my account but they were all but beat for the long drive back home. I should have taken a picture of them to post here to show you how exhausted they were. I had to make extra stops on the way home as they were following me in their vehicle because I was worried about their well being.

I can't remember the last time I stayed at a Holiday Inn and didn't have some type of free hot breakfast to start my day. Breakfast at Doc Holiday's Steakhouse is a buffet that costs $11 per person with no other entrée choice to select. The daughter and family ate there and I went a few yards down to the Jack in the Box for an Ultimate breakfast sandwich combo for $6.

As I mentioned earlier we had dinner here and all I can tell you is stick to the steak entrees (filets, fajitas, etc.). The chicken parmesan and chicken fried steak were edible but nothing to rave about.

Also, I didn't see an elevator so you might want to check if getting a second floor room. Luckily we only had small overnight backs to lug upstairs. I'm still a loyal fan of the Intercontinental brand but I will definitely cross this establishment off my list of destination stays.

1  Thank Bazebhall
Reviewed 7 July 2011

The hotel was overpriced with breakfast on your own after paying $151. The room wasn't bad, but heavy dose of pine sol when we walked in. Pet friendly with 3 dogs a couple of doors down...uhhhh pine sol? No elevator found after loading the cart with luggage. The staff was friendly and in defense of the hotel....all of what I would expect to be decent hotels in Williams were overpriced (Gas Stations too...top off before you get there). Disappointed.