“Well if you must...”

Ramada Williams/Grand Canyon Area
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We ended up here out of desperation really. It was getting dark and on the road for 5 hrs we had to stop somewhere. This property is right off the highway, but pricey and a bit run down for the $$.

Our room was clean and the beds were ok...mind you the sheet felt paper thin. We used it to sleep for about 7 hrs so it was tolerable.

Honestly if you are looking for a longer stay, I would not recommend it. The only positive thing about this place is that it has a McDonald's across the road and around the corner a small Route 66 loop...that was the best part!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,087)

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Spent 1 night for a weekend golf getaway with 2 other couples. Proximity to the golf course and downtown Williams were excellent. No freeway noise. Enjoyed dinner at Doc Hollidays Steak House - lively and fun.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
LaVonne C, Front Office Manager at Ramada Williams/Grand Canyon Area, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thanks for taking time to leave us a review. We are so glad you appreciated our hospitality and amenities. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Rooms were clean and staff was friendly. Didn't bother going to the saloon based on terrible reviews. Room keys stopped working once per day but the front desk resolved the issue quickly, possibly due to constant practice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed for 2 nights. Unfortunately I cannot get those 2 nights back (sigh).

The hotel is just off the highway. A bit loud but its just off the highway so what do I expect. The gift shop in the lobby does not exist. When we stayed, the water went. When the water came back it was brown and sludgy which meant no shower. The toilet broke, the staff on front desk were not really interested. There is no lift and you are expected to carry your luggage up a flight of stairs.

You can get a static shock off just about anything.

I wouldn't recommend...

Williams is an amazing town, please stay in one of the more kitchy route 66 motels.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Luke T
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed here with by children for one night. The rooms was average and was fine for a one night stay. Rates were reasonable for a weeknight. The rooms were clean. We didn't take advantage of the pool as we had arrived late and were tired from a long day. Hot tub was out of order (sign posted on door to the indoor pool area). Close to down town and right off of the I-40.

My only truly negative comment is that upon check-out I was told that the system was down and they would email me my receipt, which is fine. However, when I checked my account a few days later I discovered they not only charged me what was on my receipt, but there was a second separate charge for almost 80.00! Called the hotel and they told me they couldn't credit the money back to me because there was no record of me being charged that second charge. So now I have to go through the process of disputing the charge through the bank. She did tell me that they would tell the bank that they have no record of the charge so that I can get it back that way! Really?!? Try not charging someone more than once!

Overall it is a good hotel for the value/location, just make sure they don't charge you for a room you didn't use.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Leola B
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I am a very wary traveler when booking inexpensive overnight hotels for fear of tragic results from not paying more. Ramada Williams was an excellent value for our overnight stay. We had NO problems at check-in or check out!. Staff was very pleasant and accommodating and informative. Other travelers were using the restaurant & bar Doc Holidays but we went into town and enjoy the Mexican Sports Bar. Room was very clean, all in working order, huge LCD TV with great picture. AC/hearer worked but they are window units and some noise will be expected. No noise noticed from neighbor's rooms. Indoor pool not used, and unfortunately hot tub was out of order!

Reservation was made thru the chain website with senior rate offered. Double queen reserved and was held. Would recommend others visiting the Grand Canyon area that using this hotel for a lot less than other properties can be a savings.

I would return to this property again.

Room Tip: Use Ramada Web site for booking, call and confirm you needs. Be pleasant and most people enjoy help...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We got into the hotel and its a basic hotel. Really no extras but nothing to complain about either. We went down to Doc Hollidays and sat in the back bar which was great! Had the whole thing to ourselves. We played pool for hours and talked to the bartender for awhile. He put on the ncaa games for us too. Lots of fun! We werent there long enough to check out much at the hotel but everything seemed clean.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends