“Simple but worthwhile”

Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Williams
Vermont
“Simple but worthwhile”
Reviewed 1 March 2009

My son and I stayed here while visiting the Grand Canyon. The price was average (no great bargain) but the hotel itself was just fine for a short stay. The front desk staff was helpful and the room was clean and ample. The indoor pool helped as far as my son went. All in all, a very nice hotel for those needing accommodations while doing things during the day. Note: Williams is probably a pleasant enough town during tourist season, but here in late winter it was like a spooky ghost town come 8:00 p.m. Don't expect any night life this time of year, despite all the talk about historic Route 66. For breakfast try the Pine (something) restaurant down the road...basic but nice. Watch out for local folk at the Mobil station down the road who told us our tires were dangerously damaged...until I noticed that right next door was a tire repair place that I'm sure they would have tried to steer me to if I hadn't said "Thanks for the help, but its a rental."

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisius

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Richmond, VA
Reviewed 19 January 2009

I had some Holiday Inn points I was using and this hotel was pretty attractive since it was not that many points to stay here and it was a small fraction of what the Holiday Inn Express in Flagstaff was asking. Note that Holiday Inn point redemption seems to have no correlation to the room rate in dollars between locations. For that matter all rooms where the same rate in points. So I went ahead and got the "3 Bed & a Jacuzzi" which appeared to be the nicest room in the place.

The Good:
- Gift basket upon check in
- Huge room (actually 2 bedrooms)
- Had a refrigerator
- 2 Nice modern wide screen LCD TVs (although no HD service)
- Lots of extra personal hygiene products (it's like thy where expecting 6 people to stay in that room)
- Complementary Internet worked well

The Bad:
- All 3 beds where unconformable
- Worn out pillows (luckily there where 3 beds worth for 2 of us)
- Jacuzzi was very disappointing, it was small
- Bathroom was crammed
- Furniture was quite cheap
- Coffee maker was busted up
- All the lights in the room where fluorescent colored and gave the room a stark feel.

• Stayed January 2009
2 Thank bw0

Travellers are raving about these Williams hotels

Phoenix
Reviewed 28 December 2008

Was looking forward to spending time with family members in Williams and enjoying the snow. Booked a room on line a week in advance with Holiday Inn. My mistake was that I thought that the name Holiday Inn meant quality. Boy was I wrong!!

Check in was the most unfreindly experience I have EVER had while traveling. There was ABSOLUTELY no customer service from the girl behind the desk. I thought Holiday Inns' focused heavily on friendly service. Holiday Inn Williams must have missed this training.

We got our room which was handicapped accessible. The tub had a black ring around the bottom and the sliding door to the bathroom would get stuck and not open from the inside. Very scary for a disabled patron.

The hot tub was hot, but the jets were not working. I would like to note that the maintanance worker was very helpful and apologetic.

Sunday morning I awoke at 8am. My wife and I were hoping to take a hot shower and get the day started. Guess what? No hot water. After waiting for 15-20 minutes we called the front desk and asked when the hot water would be available. With no apology or concern we were told to run the water for 20 minutes. Well, 20 minutes turned to 2 hours and STILL no hot water. In fact nobody had hot water. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. When we asked for the manager at the front desk we were told she would be in later and there was nothing that could be done. What made this even worse, was the total lack of concern, no apology for no water, no smiles or the least bit of care from the front desk staff. It made me wonder if they ever graduated from high school or had any idea how to work in the hospitality field.

So NO, stay away from this hell hole. Trust me, stay away.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank aztravels8
Arizona
Reviewed 23 November 2008

We checked in along with my mom, sister and their families. Check in was a nightmare. My mom had booked all the rooms on the first floor together. They had us on the second floor seperated. When I asked about an elevator, they didnt have one and we have a baby, stroller, etc. They teenager working the counter gave my mom a dissmisive attitude as did the manager onsight. When my mom said she would call Holiday inn corporate - wow, there were rooms on the first floor for us.

The llinens were laundered in something so cheep it gave me and my son a rash. The hotel needs major updating as there were only two doors in each room, total.

We ate breakfast at the buffett the first morning. Totally unsanitory as the utensils were falling into the food, people were then forced to grab food with their hands. The covers on the food were broken and sliding into other food. The one waitress was covering all the tables was overworked and therefor very snappy. I tried to get a bannana for my toddler and was snapped at because she didnt have a bannana, I didnt even finish my sentence before she snapped off at me.

The hotel was cheep for the Polar Express which is fantastic, so if you want cheep, you are getting what you pay for. It did its job in providing a roof over our head, a great pool and spa for the kids, and a warm place to sleep. Thats about it.

• Liked — Location to Polar Express
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Sunshineafterrain
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 15 November 2008

We had to change our travel plans at the last minute and this hotel was able to fit our needs. Older hotel that needs to be updated. The rooms are ok but there is no elevator. Alot of problems with the electronic door cards. The hotel restaurant is over-priced for the quality of the food. Ice maker was not working and had to go to hotel kitchen to get ice.

• Liked — Location & price
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Phoenix
Reviewed 23 September 2008

The hotel is okay. It is dated and worn with no elevators but clean. It is just off the highway so a bit noisy. I wouldnt have bothered writing a review if it werent for the staff.....The staff was a bit lazy. They seemed inconvenienced by the guests and were more intersted in their personal conversations. The people working in the gift shop shared the same apathy. ....overall - - unpleasant- couldnt wait to check out.....

• Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
louisiana
Reviewed 15 June 2008

The room was clean. Staff was nice.

None of the extras I have gotten used to at other hotels.
Only 1 pack of coffee left in the room for 2 nights. Had reserved 3 nights. left after 2. Had a room on the 2nd floor. No elevator, had to tote everything up the stairs, with no assistance. It was the most expensive hotel we stayed in in our 8 night trip. I feel the cost didnt meet the quality of the stay.

The first day I was there, no coffee at all in the lobby. the next morning I asked if they provided coffee.The answer was yes,
some one must not have done their job the day before. The stay didnt include the free breakfast i have been accustomed to.

We left early and got another hotel..disappointed

• Liked — clean, quiet
  • Disliked — no extras
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple