“The Beatles and Bubba- A wonderful place to stay”
Review of Delta Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Winslow
Delta Motel
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Winslow
Concord, California
“The Beatles and Bubba- A wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I had just drove from Chaco Culture NM on my way back to the Bay Area when I stopped in this town looking for a place to rest. I had been camping in single digit weather and was in need of a hot bath, soft, clean bed and a bite to eat. I pulled up and was greeted by a very friendly cat named Bubba. I checked in and the owners Chuck and Joy were very kind and welcoming. They allowed my to see the rooms before I chose. I went with The Beatles. They offered me a home made chocolate cupcake and gave me the keys. The room was awesome and clean and I loved the decor. The beds were soft, clean and the room was nice and warm. The owners were very nice and helpful and I had no problems with logging on to the internet. In the mroning, I even got a continential breakfast before I left. This place was exactly what I needed. I will be stopping here again next time I'm driving through the SW. You guys are great!

Room Tip: The whole area was pretty quiet and the place is small so, any rrom should be fine. They have so man...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank CamelliaR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I saw some other reviews only after I stayed and I was so confounded as to how anyone could come to the conclusion that this was anything but a great stay! The man at the front desk was really very friendly and offered up information on local places to go, including showing me some photographs and giving directions. The room was spotless, having all the amenities that I needed and then some!!! I had a nice breakfast in the morning and the lady and other man that were working around and about were both extremely friendly and helpful, including asking me if everything was okay, and answering any and all questions that I had. My Beatles themed room was great!!! What a little jewel of a spot to rest your head! Don't judge the book by it's cover folks! You'll just be missing out on a great room that has 1,000 times more personality than those cookie-cutter chains!!! A great rate with all the cozy warmth and nostalgia of themed rooms was pure fun, fun, fun!!!!

Room Tip: Just have a friendly chat with your host and I'm sure they'll accomodate you just fine!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank TheDutchMan71
Niceville, Florida
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Booked the Delta as a break in camping on our whirlwind Jeep tour of the southwest. Saw the reviews here and thought it looked cool, real Route 66 stuff. Was not dissapointed! Chuck and Joy welcomed us with water and chocolate muffins (giant cupcakes, delicious). Chuck is a wealth of knowledge about the area, and several great anecdotes. I asked for the John Wayne room and it was great. Clean, comfortable and quiet. We will stay here again next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a theme room.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank The_Chuk
Hudson, NY
Reviewed 27 May 2012

This motel is infested with cockroaches. The management is very rude. Could not wait to check out. Not worth the money. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Donald C
North Georgia
Reviewed 18 April 2012

My son and I spent the first night of a week long southwestern tour at the Delta Motel. After a long flight from Atlanta and a winding scenic drive through the Tonto National Forest on Hwy 87 from Phoenix we were pretty washed out. We enjoyed an ice cold water and a honeybun, compliments of the friendly fella at the front desk, while we unloaded our gear into the Elvis Room. We were aware that there were several other themed rooms there, but let's face it...E was the King! Overwhelmed with nostalgia, I just had to turn my jacket collar up and snarl a little bit. Our beds matched the burgundy velvet drapes and the gold-trimmed throw pillows were quite elegant. Clean, comfortable, quiet and affordable...I found very little to gripe about, and griping is something I enjoy immensely. After a really good night's sleep and a quick continental breakfast we were on our way west to the Grand Canyon and beyond. We took the scenic route through Cameron like you suggested, Roger. Uh...thank ya. Uh...thank ya very much!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Butler NJ
Reviewed 9 January 2012

The innkeeper made my visit comfortable and welcome. The room is surpirsingly nice, Roger matched me up with the "Harley Davidson" room. This is a definately must see eclectic place that is what you would expect to find on Route 66. BTW I guess the eagles took that girl who was riding around on the "Flatbed Ford" that slowed down to take a look at them as I looked but couldn't find her.

Room Tip: Let the innkeeper match the room to your personality. There are several different themes, (Marylin...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank 37Ktm950
Kingman
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I travel to winslow often and decided to give delta motel a try. I am glad I did. The owners are Soooo nice and friendly. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. When I get there Chuck gives me a bottle of water and a muffin. He also helped me locate places in town. I will be back every time I am in Winslow..... This is the best place to stay!!!!

Room Tip: The Beatles room is perfect if your a non smoker, if your a smoker ask for the room with the Harley...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family