Delta Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Rodeway Inn(Winslow)
US$62
Winslow Inn(Winslow)
US$66
The Lodge(Winslow)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewselvis roommarilyn monroeharley davidsonmotor courtroad tripflat screenmicrowave and refrigeratornice sizeshort drivecerealbedsaz
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stopped in Winslow, Az. for the night. I started calling for hotel prices. I came across the Delta Motel. This is hotel is not the Quality Inn or the Super 8. I will definitely choose the Delta Motel over any hotel, should I pass thru Winslow again. This Hotel is American owned and each room is decorated individual. I was definitely impressed. I was greeted by the owners, and I was given homemade cupcakes, and bottled water (cold). The beds were comfortable, and it was quiet, and clean. I recommend this hotel over any hotels in Winslow, Its reasonable priced and worth every penny.

Room Tip: You can pull up to your door and its in a secure location.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank fruittyandnutty1
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We really enjoyed our stay in this little jem in Winslow. Beds were so comfortable and owners were amazingly accommodating! Nothing like personalized service. Would stay here again! Short drive to town, train station and good little mom and pop places to eat.

Room Tip: We stayed on a Saturday night and never heard a word from the little bar across the way....
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank AA8888Phoenix
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Clean, quite, well priced and the Cup Cakes! they were awesome! Can't wait for our next visit! The room had really cool pics of corvettes that included early corvettes to today's corvettes. The beds were clean, bathroom was clean and the room was nice and warm in the cool spring night.

Room Tip: We chose the corvette room and the room was awesome!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dean Missy R
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed here with my daughter on a road trip heading home from the Grand Canyon. She had heard about old Route 66, so I tried to find places along the way with some of that history. The Delta Motel has that feel from the heyday of travel before the Interstate system made everything homogenous, but the place has been nicely updated. You may have to call a couple of times to catch someone in the office, but you'll talk to an owner, and they are very helpful.

It was easy to find - right off of a frontage road (which apparently used to be Route 66) across from the Interstate exit. The owners were very friendly, and handed me a warm cupcake and an ice cold bottle of water while I checked in. It was a nice touch!

The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the prices were better than the chain hotels nearby. Do yourself a favor and stay here when passing through Winslow!

Room Tip: The rooms all have a theme - if you let them know what you're looking for, they'll guide you to the room with the best personality for you.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Stanley J
Reviewed 8 January 2014

It was difficult to find the place and making reservations was not easy by phone, but I finally found the location during the evening when arriving at Winslow around X-mas time, from Albuquerque. I rang the bell and then Chuck gave me the key and the low down on the place. Immediately, we started conversing like acquaintances, and Chuck was an overall great host. You just don't find that personal touch anymore in motels. This is no chain operation, but a true work in progress.

He told me to stay away from the bar next to the motel, since a lot of natives go there to drink and to drink - and then drink until obliteration. Chuck also told me about his travails and experiences trying to keep the motel in good working order. The previous owners allowed a lot of drunk types and parties to take place. But no more. Chuck is making improvements and keeping the motel in tip top shape.

The small reception is literally a shrine to the Eagles 70s rock band, and we talked about how Jackson Browne's 'Take It Easy' song revived this once happening town. The Spanish hacienda looking La Posada Hotel of old Hollywood fame is still open in Winslow, but the rooms are super expensive. The rooms at the Delta were clean overall and the price was a good and economical one.

I got the Arizona room, which was way in the back and far away from the goings on in noisy bar down the street. The room was nice, with a clean carpet, functioning TV, a desk, sofa, room to move around in, a working heater/AC unit, lots of towels, a clean bathtub, soaps, plastic glasses, and a real comfy king sized bed. There were no funky smells in the place that one often finds in cheap, corporate motels. What more can one ask for in a Rt. 66 motel. The walls were covered in Arizona and Grand Canyon images.

The only critique was the bathroom wall by the toilet. The cleaning staff had decided to use a mop with lots of hairs on it in order to clean that wall. That part of the wall was pasted with hairs. The next morning, I promptly told Chuck about the issue and he was on it within minutes, going to inspect the bathroom wall and chastise the cleaning staff. He does have to hire locals. This is a sign of a good owner.

That next morning, I continued to talk to Chuck and we chatted about local stuff to see and life in general. He even recommended to me a good Mexican restaurant to eat in town. We conversed another hour or so, while I had access to some free cups of coffees that he always supplies for his guests. Again, this type of hospitality and service has long been discarded by the corporate chains on America's highways. Stay at Chuck's Delta Rt. 66 Motel for the good, old way motels were run on that famous, old, (and now defunct), highway in the west.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo