“Ok for the price”

Econo Lodge Winslow
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Winslow
“Ok for the price”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here on our trip from Texas to Vegas. The hall smelled of smoke and the carpet was patched in our room. There were stains on the blankets and hairs in the bathroom. The area that this hotel is in is real sketchy. If I had know how bad the area was I would have drove in Flagstaff.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Boxbl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

What a lovely surprise. Room was exceptionally clean, beds super comfortable, morning breakfast had waffles/toast/cereal/juice/Folgers. Older hotel but you can tell the owners take pride in it. Plenty of parking for my f150 with 12 foot moving trailer and I felt very safe. This is our new TX to CA night stop. Well done!

Stayed August 2014
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was impressed by the service and cleanliness of the hotel! It had a large lobby that was inviting and the pool was refreshing in the Arizona heat. I was surprised that the breakfast had such a good variety. I was only expecting coffee but they had sausages and waffles! I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I appreciate the little things. Good service, cleanliness and convenience. I found all these at the econolodge. I had outlets to charge my phone and iPad and the too, was the beds were fantastic. I found the layout to not feel cramped and very comfortable. I'm glad I stayed here for two nights!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank chelsea p
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed 6 July 2014

so so at first..but then had to walk a flight of stairs that was so dirty I hesitated to use the hand rail for fear of dirt and germs...carpet in room was patched and so filthy I never took my shoes off,,,hallway needed either cleaning or better yet painting...wanted to go purchase a carpet scrubber and gallon of paint...at least the bed was comfortable..only good thing about staying here...breakfast was standard fare, but man don't use the waffle iron...disgusting!!!...we booked for two nights but left after one...basically this place needs some serious renovation and clean up...get what you pay for.

Room Tip: at least the mattress was okay
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank kathieaz

Travellers are raving about these Winslow hotels

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed here with my family a few days ago, and was thoroughly impressed with the quality of the Econolodge in cleaniliness and service. The front desk was very nice and helpful, and the room was really clean. We've been traveling to a bunch of places this week and this was definitely one of the nicest places (especially with the price!) during our stays. We ran out of time to use the pool, but it looked really inviting.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Heather M
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was very surprised with how pleasant this place was. I had never stayed at an Econolodge before but this definitely changed my mind!
I only have 2 complaints so I'll start with those.
1. The hallways smell like smoke but don't worry the non-smoking rooms don't smell that way and our room smelled very clean so it is not a problem at all.
2. Our shower was cold. I did not complain about this because I figured I'd suck it up but it would be nice to have a warm shower in the morning and it could have just been our specific shower.

Other than that, the rooms were great. It's a pretty clean hotel with just a short drive into town. The rooms are pretty large for how much you are paying and the wifi is the best I had on my whole 2 week road trip. I would definitely suggest this hotel for anyone because it is affordable and very clean! I will definitely be staying at another Econolodge for affordable cleanliness.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple