“Expected more”

Ranked #11 of 32 Restaurants in Winslow
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The food was average, visited based on a recommendation, but expected better. The food was not bad, but it was not good either. It was a good value for the money.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

One of the apps on my phone showed Casa Blanca ranked 5th out of 14 Winslow restaurants, so we figured we'd give it a try. The wait staff was friendly & helpful with questions. Chips & salsa came out, but the chips were in a bowl without any paper under the chips and had dried salsa on the side. We chose to overlook it and ordered. I got the stuffed sopapilla with chicken. The first bite was good, but then it was just a whole lot of the same. Not much flavor. Wishing we had gone to the place across the street. My bf saw kids coming from the back getting items out of the fridge.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Love this place! More than what you would expect from Mexican food in the Southwest and that is asking a lot. Waiter was super cool dude, portions were generous and diet Coke was cold and tasty (not hampered by bad ice or other outside influences like mixing hoses with other drinks (hello fast food joints!). Had the #18 taco, enchilada, burrito combo and I wanted to compare their beef taco and cheese enchilada to what I was used to at home. They made it how I wanted, but in their own way that I should have just shut up and allowed them to do what they normally do. Half the plate was smothered with cheese and the green chile verde sauce was just delicious. YUM!!! Always wanted to go to Winslow to stand on the corner. This place highlighted an already great stop. All that was missing was a tumbleweed blowing by on the way back to the car. Must eat here if you are in Winslow.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

We found ourselves searching Winslow for dinner after driving all day and getting a Hotwire hotel deal. We were pleasantly surprised by Casa Blanca. The portions were generous and the food was tasty, albeit a little greasy. I recommend the salsa Verde--it had good flavor and just a little heat.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

We came to Casa Blanca based on the reviews we read about it. The menu was extremely inexpensiv (lunch items were about $7 average). I got a Special Burrito and it could easily feed two people. The salsa for the tortilla chips was delicious as well, but we asked for a side of guacamole and this was also tasty. My boyfriend got the enchiladas and they were pretty satisfying too. I would def. come here again if I'm in the area!.