“Love, love this hotel....magnificent!”
Review of La Posada Hotel

La Posada Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Winslow
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Stayed here for one night while traveling through Winslow. I wish we could have stayed here multiple nights as this is a hotel to be savored and enjoyed for a few days. Everything about this hotel is wonderful. Easy check-in with friendly staff. The room was pleasant and well decorated. The hotel is a delight to wander through; several garden and patio areas with furniture to relax on; rooms with sculpture and art to enjoy; a game and fireplace room; a lovely gift shop and a great yard to relax outside and watch the trains go by. This hotel is full of historical ambience and since it was a Harvey hotel for train guests, it is a lot of fun to go outside and watch the freight or passenger trains pass by and stop at the hotel. In fact, Amtrak makes a few stops each day at the hotel. The restaurant on site has wonderful ambience and remarkable food. I was oohing and aahing over my meal there. I could go on and on about this hotel. The owner has spent much time and money renovating a building that was set to be destroyed and has done an amazing job. I noticed a number of very contented guests at this hotel. I can't wait to return some day soon. The room price is so inexpensive with all the amenities you receive at this hotel; one of the best deals around! If ever in the area you must stay here!

2  Thank MSWMom50

Reviewed 15 May 2011

We learned about La Posada in a Frommer's book and I am so glad we stayed there. What a delight. Rooms are named for famous guests (I stayed in the Douglas Fairbank's room) and are beautiful. The gardens are to be explored and appreciated. We took the self-guided tour and learned a lot about the history of the hotel and Mary Colter's vision and influence. We stayed here because we visited the Petrified Forest. The only drawback is no elevator. It is not to be missed. Check out this treasure!!

Room Tip: First floor. Away from the train station.
  • Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank kmarieb75
Reviewed 11 May 2011

the wife and i had planned to stop at the La Posada in winslow whilst on out trek along route 66... I had heard that this place was a little special.. and i wasnt dissapointed... La Posada is like an oasis in the arizona desert really! - a unique spanish feel to a hotel that is really a museum of sorts but caters to its guest nicely. Great resturant. Fantastic cocktail bar with fantastic bar- tenders with a great attitude toward travellers. The room was brilliant (simillar to the mission inn in riverside CA) - big with nice tiled floors and a tiled villa feel to the bathroom.. OUR ROOM WAS SPOTLESS. the history here is the big attaraction.... so if you want to stay somewhere that has soul.. stay here... **note. its ony 2 min walk if you want to stand on the corner of winslow arizona !!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kingrox
Reviewed 10 May 2011

We traveled here for a romantic mini-vacation. The hotel grounds are beautiful and interesting, a collection of small gardens and sitting areas, a wide variety of art and history in every nook. The turquoise room restaurant is worth the trip in itself, amazing meal. I would recommend asking to see your room first they are all furnished, laid out and designed completely different, some are very lovely others are older and less comfy. I couldn’t have had a nicer time, we loved it and plan to go back soon

Room Tip: ask to see your room first
1  Thank leahazgrl
Reviewed 3 May 2011

Winslow, Arizona has fallen on hard times but not La Posada Hotel. It has been restored to grandeur and artistic beauty. We could not believe how reasonably priced their rooms are today! There was a problem after we first checked into our room and the front desk handled it immediately. The problem was not the fault of the hotel but the guests in the next room. If you enjoy trains this place is particularly fascinating because it began as a railroad hotel as a destination for the wealthy. Today it is also a wonderful art museum and many of the works are for sale. It is a delight just to walk around and see them. The restaurant is a bit prices but gourmet cuisine that is worth every cent! Our waiter, Nathan is one of the best waiters we have ever had in a dining experience! If we even get near Winslow again we will make a sincere effort to stop at La Posada!

Reviewed 27 April 2011

La Posada is a museum, an art gallery, an architectural marvel, and for our money one of the best places we have stayed anywhere. The rooms are individually and thoughtfully well-appointed, and feature very comfortable beds, top quality linens and towels. The deluxe rooms are even better. The common areas are wonderful, including garden spaces, and a ballroom/game room. The art of Tina Mion and others is displayed throughout the common areas, as well as in a new upstairs gallery and a sculpture hallway. Plus the Turquoise Room restaurant and martini bar should not be missed. Most of all, this place is an inspirational story of what a small group of people can accomplish when they put their mind to it.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms are worth looking into.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2011

I spent 2 nights here at the end of my April 2010 Arizona road trip. La Posada is a lovely, historic hotel, which has been, and continues to be, beautifully restored. Rooms are attractive and comfortable, and there is a beautiful garden for relaxation. It is fun to sit by the RR tracks and watch the long freight trains pass, and to explore the lobby with its photos and stories of famous guests. My room overlooked the pretty garden and I was lulled to sleep by the sound of the fountains.

The service at the front desk was indifferent and the hostess at the restaurant was downright rude. I committed the mortal sin of not making a reservation for dinner on my second night and she refused to seat me, although I could see plenty of empty tables. She claimed there was no one to serve me and said I'd have to wait. So I left and ate at a friendly family restaurant down the road.

I think the lackluster service really detracts from the appeal of this otherwise lovely hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo