“Really the only place to stay in Winslow”
Review of La Posada Hotel

La Posada Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Winslow
Reviewed 4 July 2011

This is a great hotel and probably cost 1/2 what it would have in Phoenix. We had a very nice room with a huge porch outside and a view of the trains. This is a classic hotel and highly recommended if you are looking for a place to truly get away from it all. Much of Winslow would better off if it was leveled but this is an exception! We will be going back again some day soon.

There are newer reviews for La Posada Hotel

Reviewed 4 July 2011

My husband always wanted to visit Winslow and La Posada. I didn't have an opinion but when we arrived at La Posada I was mesmerized. If you are thinking of traveling through this area, I suggest a stop if not an overnight in this hotel. I am not usually a historical type of person but I started watching the renovation video in one of the sitting rooms and it captivated me. There is a self guided tour with pictures and captions of the hotel. The guided tour book is available for purchase in the gift shop or given to you upon check in. What these people have done with this historic property is amazing! The artwork displayed throughout the hotel is another feature. Tina Mion, owner/artist/resident's work is displayed throughout the hotel and in a gallery upstairs. There is also a video in another of the various sitting rooms with her discussing various pieces. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room we stayed in was roomy, quite comfortable and quiet. I have seen comments about train noise and I can tell you I had a great nights sleep. I couldn't get enough of this hotel in my one night stay, so I am returning on July 16th to continue my desire to learn more. I am bringing a group of 8 others to share this great historic and incrediable find.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2011

We actually stumbled upon this hotel by chance. We were so glad we did! I love art and history so this hotel had it all for me. Strolling the gardens is like being in a different country. I adored everything and plan on being back. Only next time we will arrive by train! :)

Reviewed 27 June 2011

We just stayed the night at this hotel, but it was so beautiful and I loved photographing all the hotel had to show us! Each room was unique and beautiful, staff was friendly. Lots of art and history on display in this very large, historic hotel! Would definitely recommend. The town itself was a little disappointing other than the one "Corner Attraction". Kind of a ghost town. Worth driving through and stopping for Route 66 travelers!

Reviewed 27 June 2011

We really enjoyed visiting and exploring the La Posada Hotel. It makes Winslow a destination. It is beautifully restored The rooms are a great value for the quality and the amenities included. Service is limited as you pay for what you get. Certainly at the rates charged and quality of accomodations provided it is not possible to staff this fabulous beauty with staff falling over you. It is well setup for you to explore on your own if you choose.
If you are a light sleeper request a room that does not expose a window to the train tracks, You may be bothered by the trains that stop and wait 24 hours a day at this location.
The Turquoise Room Restaurant also is a reason to sojourn here for at least a night.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from Train Tracks
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2011

We stayed here in June 2011 just for one night and really enjoyed the atmosphere. There isn't anything really to do once you've visited the famous corner and the giftshop across the street. Winslow looks to be in bad shape and we actually saw a drug deal going on at a gas station. However, this hotel is safe, charming, and has great history. Lee checked us in and is a great hostess. We enjoyed cocktails and sampled some fantastic squash blossom appetizers in the bar area just outside the Turquiose Restaurant which they said needed reservations because the hotel was completely booked, but the restaurant appeared to only be 1/2 full. The bartender was generous and made great drinks. The rooms - we got the artist Ed Ruscha room which overlooked the common patio and did not provide any privacy, but the room was very nice and lovely bathroom with spa tub. The room was decorated well and bed was comfortable. The hallway had a terrible smell, but that seemed to go away the next morning. The grounds are open inside and out and a nice walk around at any time of day. There is no pool, btw. We watched several trains go by and looked around the depot. The gift shop in the hotel is very good with a wide variety of prices and goods for all tastes. Earlier in the day we ate lunch at Casa Blanca Mexican restaurant down the street. Quick service, decent food, average prices.

Room Tip: Online room descriptions and call
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MBeeGa
Reviewed 21 June 2011

What a great hotel and what a great value. Our first trip but we'll be back. Rooms are not huge but big enough, tile in the bathrooms gives it elegance. Coffee in the lobby in china cups and saucers in the morning instead of paper cups. Passenger trains stop outside the window in the evening and morning. What a treat this place was!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple