La Posada Hotel
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
The Lodge(Winslow)
1,971 results
All reviewsturquoise roomfred harveymary colterrailroad hotelgift shopsanta fe railroadself guided tourharvey hotelsunken gardencurrent ownersan art gallerypublic roomstrain travelunique hotelmartini barstep back in timesignature soup
Reviewed 12 July 2011

This was my third time staying at La Posada, and my boyfriend's first visit. The historic ambiance, outstanding gourmet restaurant, amazing artwork, and friendly service are what brings me back. Reservations are recommended if dining for dinner (why would you eat anyplace else?) and the food is divine! Our room with a king bed was $109.00 (very affordable) and quite spacious. The gardens are gorgeous as well. Our room did not face the railroad track and we did not have any trouble sleeping. The walls are very thick and we did not hear our neighbors at all. Winslow is a depressed town, but don't let that keep you from enjoying La Posada. Also, don't miss your chance to "stand on the corner" downtown.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2011

My husband and I stayed at La Posada one night and wished it was longer. The hotel is an honest to goodness museum/art exhibit. The building itself is stunning and the room we had was fantastic. We had the king balcony room for $129.00 + tax and we can honestly say it was worth every cent and more.Clean,comfortable and roomy with a balcony - it doesn't get much better - unless you eat here. The food is delicious and the prickly pear margaritas in the bar are beyond delicious.The staff we encountered were friendly and kind, Danica on the front desk was extremely helpful and the wait staff in the restaurant were knowledgeable and friendly as well. After standing on the corner in Winslow Arizona we strongly urge everyone to visit La Posada!

Room Tip: Upper floor balcony provides a large room with a nice view!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2011

On our way home from Texas, we decided to stay at a non-chain hotel. We found three very interesting hotels...The El Rancho Hotel in Gallup New Mexico, The Wigwam Motel in Holbrook (each room is shaped like a wigwam) and La Posada Hotel & Gardens, a renovated Harvey Hotel for the Santa Fe Railroad. We chose La Posada, our family had never stood on the corner in Winslow Arizona, so it was an easy choice.

The La Posada is a wonderfully restored railroad hotel, complete with gardens and art all over the place! They even have a straw hay maze for the kiddos and a wooden St. Francis statue too! Keep in mind that the railroad hotels of yesteryear didn't have swimming pools, sorry if this is a deal breaker for your family stay.

We made reservations over the phone, a little confusing, don't know if it was us or the hotel staff, but we secured a room. When we checked in we got a real door key, not a plastic credit card key, a REAL door key. If you lose it, you pay $50 per key lost, so keep track of your room keys! We go lost on our way to our room which was great, we got to enjoy the art and see the wall of famous people who had stayed over the years.

In the evening the restaurant has required attire, no flip-flops and shorts and they close at 9:00pm. So depending on your arrival time, make sure you have proper attire to dine in the restaurant. We didn't, flip-flops and shorts both kept us out of the restaurant that night. They are more relaxed for breakfast and during the day. The breakfast was great!

Our room was once occupied by Wallace Fitzgerald Beery, who played Long John Silver in the movie adapted by my favorite childhood book, "Treasure Island"!Coincidence, I think not!

We really enjoyed our stay at La Posada, the gardens were really peaceful, even with our two kids exploring. It was great to see our kids' excitement at viewing all the artwork. Not to mention the questions of how, why, what, how much and to what extent at each and every piece. It was wonderful to interact with them and hear their thoughts about all the artwork!

The only negative we experienced with La Posada were the actual art pieces used as hotel decorations, they just needed some attention. Overall a wonderful railroad hotel that is bringing the glorious railroad past to the present. They are also working with a partner to restore another railroad hotel in the El Garces Hotel in Needles, California...road trip anyone?

Room Tip: No swimming pool, so if you kids want to swim this isn't the hotel for you.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2011

This is a great hotel and probably cost 1/2 what it would have in Phoenix. We had a very nice room with a huge porch outside and a view of the trains. This is a classic hotel and highly recommended if you are looking for a place to truly get away from it all. Much of Winslow would better off if it was leveled but this is an exception! We will be going back again some day soon.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2011

My husband always wanted to visit Winslow and La Posada. I didn't have an opinion but when we arrived at La Posada I was mesmerized. If you are thinking of traveling through this area, I suggest a stop if not an overnight in this hotel. I am not usually a historical type of person but I started watching the renovation video in one of the sitting rooms and it captivated me. There is a self guided tour with pictures and captions of the hotel. The guided tour book is available for purchase in the gift shop or given to you upon check in. What these people have done with this historic property is amazing! The artwork displayed throughout the hotel is another feature. Tina Mion, owner/artist/resident's work is displayed throughout the hotel and in a gallery upstairs. There is also a video in another of the various sitting rooms with her discussing various pieces. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room we stayed in was roomy, quite comfortable and quiet. I have seen comments about train noise and I can tell you I had a great nights sleep. I couldn't get enough of this hotel in my one night stay, so I am returning on July 16th to continue my desire to learn more. I am bringing a group of 8 others to share this great historic and incrediable find.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple