“Surprisingly clean and comfortable!”

Quality Inn Winslow
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Winslow
Reviewed 6 June 2013

This was one of the best hotel experiences of my trip. As a former Winslow girl "in a flatbed Ford" passing through my home town, I found this hotel to be very friendly and efficient. The bar and restaurant service was wonderful, check in quick and easy, and the room was great. Thanks especially to the hotel desk staff, Genevieve in particular!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Comfy place to stay and close to Meteor Crater and Petrified Forest.Canyon de Chelly is also close by.Hotel has a nice lounge and a place to grab a bite to eat.Rooms have mini fridge and micro,which comes in handy.Nothing fancy here.TV's could be upgraded,but the bed was comfy and internet was fast and reliable.Many places near by to eat also.It's about a 2 hour drive to the Grand Canyon.Front desk people are super friendly and always greet you with a smile.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I usually use Motel 6 when traveling for one-night stays. It being the Memorial Day weekend, they were sold out, so I chose the Quality Inn. Check-in was efficient and quick. I had a problem with the room key getting back into the building. The man at the front desk left his position and personally escorted me to check out the problem, then he escorted me to my room to make sure it was OK. I am so glad he did, because as a solo female traveler this trip, the door was open! Yikes!!!

He extremely apologized for it. I found out he was Mr. Singh, the manager of the hotel. I really appreciated the time he took with me and I could tell he had great care and concern for the hotel.

I had a room that faced the pool. I heard people in it in the evening, but it was all quiet by 10 pm. The internet was intermittent. It was a quiet room and didn't hear a thing all night.

The next morning, though, there was no hot water!!! I just had to roll with it, and as I was driving a car with no air conditioner and going through the Mojave later that day, I figured it was OK.

I would gladly stay at this property again, but this time with a room facing out to the parking lot. The staff is great and the manager is a gem. Quality Inn should be proud of him.

Room Tip: There is no natural light with the rooms facing the pool, so I would suggest one facing out. Also g...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

Check in was quick and efficient. Had to change to another room because AC was noisey. King room was spacious but a bit outdated. Nice indoor pool but didn't get to use it. (My version of a heated pool differs from most hotels!) Breakfast was the usual fare. All in all a nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Booked the Quality Inn for our stop in Winslow. Check in was quick and the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The hallway to our room could use a good cleaning and some air fresheners. The room was clean and setup very well. We had a fridge and microwave and the AC worked as anticipated. The beds were comfortable and we had a good nights sleep. I still don't understand why hotels use the square pillows, they aren't that comfortable and aren't easy to use if you're trying to sit up in bed to watch tv. My wife and I went and sat in the hot tub and it was very nice after a long motorcycle ride. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2013

It seemed more like a Comfort Suites, than a Quality Inn. I love whoever came up with the idea of bending the shower curtain rod out into the bathroom. I hate wrestling with a clingy shower curtain.

My only issue was the water pressure in the shower was low. Maybe this is an Arizona drought thing. I was able to do all that needed to be done, but the shower would have been more enjoyable with decent water pressure.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Convenient location, close enough to the corner and route 66 and just off the interstate. Front desk was wonderful, very friendly and helpful, that was about the last good thing. Rooms were run down, dingy and dark. Window overlooked the indoor pool, so no natural light to be let in. Room was on second floor, but NO ELEVATOR, so we had to carry bags and coolers up all the stairs. Continental breakfast was complimentary and ok, little selection but was well attended and stocked. The absolute worst was the attached restaurant that was recommended to us by the front desk. We arrived at dinner time and was told by desk that there were happy hour specials. When I inquired what the specials were the waitress looked at me and said she didn't know and stared at me. I actually had to ask her to please go and check. She didn't know a thing about the menu when asked and did not offer to check on anything for us. Might stay at the hotel again if in the area (there is not much else around there), but would never, ever step foot in the restaurant again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family