“Winslow hotel - got it all - great value !”

Quality Inn Winslow
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Winslow
Chicago, Illinois
“Winslow hotel - got it all - great value !”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We are a mature age couple doing R.66 - we had not originally planned to stop at Winslow AZ but glad we did (after copping some bad weather). This hotel is not on the tourist strip - but is well located - right opposite large shopping complex with everything you need. Booked on line - it was a pleasant surprise. Super friendly staff at the desk - very clean rooms - pool and hot spa sensational - bar and dining room. This hotel has it all in my opinion and we are totally satisfied with this hotel and highly recommend it to anyone visiting this historic R.66 area.

Room Tip: You will not beat this hotel for value in Winslow AZ.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Ashburn, VA
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My wife (very picky about hotel rooms) and I stayed there on 9/21. The hotel is what you expect for $120/night. Not great but very adequate clean room. All of the staff we interacted with were very nice. After a long day on the road we didn;t feel like searching for a restaurant for dinner so we opted for the on-site restaurant (DJ's). We were both pleasantly surprised. The grilled tacos were hands down the best tacos I have ever had anywhere in the US. The property manager came and talked to us for @ 15 minutes and was very nice.
I would recommend the hotel and the restaurant to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nakota7
Chino Hills, California
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is my second visit to the Quality Inn in Winslow, AZ. The first time I was there I gave them some credit for trying to rehab a foreclosed property. Two years later I would say that the room I stayed in was not as good as the first time I stayed there. The bathroom was not so nice this time. The tub had a dirty looking non-skid surface (dark gray to brown color that made me not want to stand in it!) Time to renovate those old bathrooms!! The hallways are dark but I don't imagine that will change anytime soon. The bed, linens and pillows were comfortable. The free breakfast was decent. The staff members are still the shining stars at this hotel.

There are some transients who hang around outside the hotel. I stepped outside to move my car and was surprised by two men wandering through the parking lot. Two hotel employees immediately came outside (I assume they were monitoring the perimeter from security cameras ?), and quickly moved the fellows along. I got the sense from their conversation that they knew them and there was no malice intended but the hotel folks know this is not good for business. Kudos for being aware and on top of this situation.

Again, this is not a luxury hotel. Passing through Winslow along I-40 made it a convenient place to stop.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank oldgeekswife
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Rooms are very outdated toilets are old and small.bath tub is old and nasty the place stinks of cigarettes rooms are way over priced $120.00 plus $20.00 tax and that was with a discount. Stay away from this place

• Stayed September 2013
Green Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This old motel was last redone in the 80's, and the bathroom was the most worn out I have seen in a long time. No venting, scratched porcelain and an old plastic sink and counter. The window (on my ground floor room) was so old and funky that it provided no security at all. I think you could break in with a pocket knife. My door had actual damage from being broken into, also. The plastic laminate on some of the furniture was starting to fail. On the plus side, the coffee was good, the AC and WIFI worked and it was not noisy. Also it had been recently painted with newer linens, drapes and a flat screen TV.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MandyAZ
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My wife and I went to Winslow to visit our son who was on tour with Station to Station. Wanted to stay at LaPosada but they were sold out. Got the last room available in Winslow or Flagstaff. Worth the price of the room. Clean, comfortable, free wifi, free breakfast...kinda (I'm not a fan of any continental breakfasts), restaurant seemed fine, grocery store next door, Walmart and fast food real close by, great location right off I-40. A much better value than LaPosada which is 3X the cost.

Anyway, SMOKE, the place reeks of cigarette smoke, even the non smoking rooms. I used to smoke, I get it. This was ridiculous though. I can handle an old motel, yes the hallways are dimly lit and dingy but it was safe. My wife and I smelled like cigarette smoke all day the next day. I will stay again if they go non-smoking completely.

Room Tip: Non smoking as far away from a smoking room as possible unless of course you like smoke then it'...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Southampton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Second stop on cross country trip. Night staff were friendly. We arrived 10:30 pm (Sept.17th) after making reservations with Choice Hotel Rewards Program, everything fine with check in, room was clean and laid out nice. Included was two free drinks at their in house Bar, Bar was somewhat dated but staff were friendly. Bathroom was clean and well appointed, all somewhat dated but clean, shower head was not updated but worked much better than the fancy new one from my hotel stay the night before in Springfield MI. 6am breakfast start was great as we had another 600 miles in front of us that day. Food was plenty and fine for the price (free). Overall I would recommend this hotel for any one night overnight. Pool looked clean and hot tub was used by my travel mate. Pool looked great for the kids and we did not need one of the rooms that surround the pool but that would be a good option for a longer stay. Staff were very friendly to direct us to the area of town made famous in the Eagles song "Take it Easy". Make sure you stop at the corner of Route 66 and 2nd Avenue to get your photo with the Statue of Jackson Browne who wrote the song. All good.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends